Lou Montana – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
(Reply)
(20 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{informative|''Go ahead, say something!''}}
{{Feature|Informative|''Go ahead, <span class{{=}}"plainlinks">[https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title{{=}}User_talk:Lou_Montana&action{{=}}edit&section{{=}}new say something!]</span>''}}

== [[addBackpackGlobal]] ==
== Arma Reforger Scripting Commands ==

Reverted back because of two issues from your note that I thought were misleading. The backpack is null only momentarily while your note might have been interpreted as backpack on remote machine was null period. The example provided takes care of removing backpack if unit has one, because checking for null backpack while unit has a backpack will break the code and no mags would be added. If unit has backpack it would work, if unit doesn't have backpack it would still work. removebackpackglobal doesn't report on remote machine immediately hence waiting. I personally don't see the need to edit what I posted, but if you feel strongly it needs to be, please discuss. [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 14:35, 6 February 2019 (CET)
Hey Lou,
is it possible to get an example page for a AR scripting command like Print created by you? That would make it possible to get the biki community help by create pages for other commands, methods and classes. But I guess we need the basic structure for it to create such content.

Hello, a provided example should go straight to the point and the description should not display any personal view (''"This is inconvenient, but it is what it is."''). The whole "check if there is a backpack" is mission-creator related, not of wiki concern. I agree though, the "momentarily" aspect was not clear in my note and should remain. Please join the [https://discord.gg/arma Official Arma Discord] to discuss further. - [[User:Lou Montana|Lou Montana]] ([[User talk:Lou Montana|talk]]) 14:43, 6 February 2019 (CET)
Or is that generally not intended to get created by the community?
[[User:sarogahtyp|sarogahtyp]] ([[User talk:sarogahtyp|talk]]) 15:10, 24 May 2022 (CEST)

Tweaked a little, better? [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 14:50, 6 February 2019 (CET)
: Hiyo, well a page for global methods ''might'' be a good thing at one point, but a more general methods documentation will happen soon&tm; based on direct code comment. Stay tuned! - [[User:Lou Montana|Lou Montana]] ([[User talk:Lou Montana|talk]]) 16:06, 24 May 2022 (CEST)

Should do the job, but why not (something like) this? Shorter and clearer.
{{Warning|The added backpack is created on the machine where unit is local. If the unit is remote an immediate [[backpackContainer]] command usage will return [[objNull]].<br />
The workaround is to wait for the backpack information's network synchronisation (See Example 2)}} - [[User:Lou Montana|Lou Montana]] ([[User talk:Lou Montana|talk]]) 14:57, 6 February 2019 (CET)

Revision as of 16:06, 24 May 2022

Go ahead, say something!

Arma Reforger Scripting Commands

Hey Lou, is it possible to get an example page for a AR scripting command like Print created by you? That would make it possible to get the biki community help by create pages for other commands, methods and classes. But I guess we need the basic structure for it to create such content.

Or is that generally not intended to get created by the community? sarogahtyp (talk) 15:10, 24 May 2022 (CEST)

Hiyo, well a page for global methods might be a good thing at one point, but a more general methods documentation will happen soon&tm; based on direct code comment. Stay tuned! - Lou Montana (talk) 16:06, 24 May 2022 (CEST)