Lou Montana – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Template:informative

addBackpackGlobal

Reverted back because of two issues from your note that I thought were misleading. The backpack is null only momentarily while your note might have been interpreted as backpack on remote machine was null period. The example provided takes care of removing backpack if unit has one, because checking for null backpack while unit has a backpack will break the code and no mags would be added. If unit has backpack it would work, if unit doesn't have backpack it would still work. removebackpackglobal doesn't report on remote machine immediately hence waiting. I personally don't see the need to edit what I posted, but if you feel strongly it needs to be, please discuss. killzone_kid (talk) 14:35, 6 February 2019 (CET)

Hello, a provided example should go straight to the point and the description should not display any personal view ("This is inconvenient, but it is what it is."). The whole "check if there is a backpack" is mission-creator related, not of wiki concern. I agree though, the "momentarily" aspect was not clear in my note and should remain. Please join the Official Arma Discord to discuss further. - Lou Montana (talk) 14:43, 6 February 2019 (CET)

Tweaked a little, better? killzone_kid (talk) 14:50, 6 February 2019 (CET)

Should do the job, but why not (something like) this? Shorter and clearer.

The added backpack is created on the machine where unit is local. If the unit is remote an immediate backpackContainer command usage will return objNull.
The workaround is to wait for the backpack information's network synchronisation (See Example 2)

- Lou Montana (talk) 14:57, 6 February 2019 (CET)

backpackContainer is not the only command you can return backpack though killzone_kid (talk) 15:22, 6 February 2019 (CET)

« an immediate get-backpack command » then - Lou Montana (talk) 23:25, 6 February 2019 (CET)

createUnit

Hello KK, I don't know where else to reach you. Can you check that your next edits are not that verbose for the main description? Or better, maybe place this information in a note (and refer to it in the description) Thanks Lou Montana (talk) 23:07, 18 March 2019 (CET)

I disagree with you moving this to the notes, this information is quite important to be buried in notes. Not sure what you find unacceptable with explicit description containing such information, and I am not going to fight you on this. Just in case you think I get paid or something contributing to wiki, I don't, so no worries I think next time I will just post in my blog instead. killzone_kid (talk) 00:01, 19 March 2019 (CET)