Mr H. – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
m (Text replacement - "killzone_kid" to "Killzone_Kid")

(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteWaypoint

"so the example provided to delete all waypoints should be" - no it shouldn't. The example shows how to delete ALL waypoints, your example doesn't do this. Please edit your note [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 18:06, 17 November 2019 (CET)
"so the example provided to delete all waypoints should be" - no it shouldn't. The example shows how to delete ALL waypoints, your example doesn't do this. Please edit your note [[User:Killzone_Kid|Killzone_Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone_Kid|talk]]) 18:06, 17 November 2019 (CET)
I have modified it per your request (and corrected a mistake I made when copy/pasting from my code editor) but it is not necessary to remove waypoint with index 0 (tested it before posting)
I have modified it per your request (and corrected a mistake I made when copy/pasting from my code editor) but it is not necessary to remove waypoint with index 0 (tested it before posting)
:In order to empty waypoints array for a group you need to iterate through every waypoint, if you iterate through one less, the 1st one is never removed, not sure how you tested your code [[User:killzone_kid|killzone_kid]] ([[User talk:killzone_kid|talk]]) 20:33, 17 November 2019 (CET)
:In order to empty waypoints array for a group you need to iterate through every waypoint, if you iterate through one less, the 1st one is never removed, not sure how you tested your code [[User:Killzone_Kid|Killzone_Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone_Kid|talk]]) 20:33, 17 November 2019 (CET)
As I said the first waypoint is original position of group  when spawned, so leaving it in the array makes no difference, the group will stop and all the other waypoints are deleted. So yes the array is not empty, but the first waypoint of the array is not a movement waypoint.

<code style="display: block">group _unit spawn
{
[_this,(currentWaypoint _this)] setWaypointPosition [getPosASL ((units _this) select 0), -1];
sleep 0.1;
for "_i" from count waypoints _this - 1 to 1 step -1 do
{
deleteWaypoint [_this, _i];
};
};
</code>
Does indeed leave a waypoint  0 in the array. But the group will stop. My concern is : I don't know how understand why Bohemia chose that "Index 0 is the position the group was spawned at, and is set by the engine when spawning." (information provided by Larrow here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/226459-setwaypointloiterradius-breaking-script/?tab=comments#comment-3385858) and since it makes no difference if you remove it or not, why remove it ? I ask in earnest, maybe you have more information about that than I do.
: Well, deleting all waypoints is not about stopping the group but about deleting all waypoints and to do that you need to iterate through every one of them, and this is what the note I put on the page said, so naturally it didn’t make sense what you wrote. But now that you edited it, it’s all good [[User:Killzone_Kid|Killzone_Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone_Kid|talk]]) 21:18, 17 November 2019 (CET)

Latest revision as of 18:52, 18 February 2024

deleteWaypoint

"so the example provided to delete all waypoints should be" - no it shouldn't. The example shows how to delete ALL waypoints, your example doesn't do this. Please edit your note Killzone_Kid (talk) 18:06, 17 November 2019 (CET) I have modified it per your request (and corrected a mistake I made when copy/pasting from my code editor) but it is not necessary to remove waypoint with index 0 (tested it before posting)

In order to empty waypoints array for a group you need to iterate through every waypoint, if you iterate through one less, the 1st one is never removed, not sure how you tested your code Killzone_Kid (talk) 20:33, 17 November 2019 (CET)

As I said the first waypoint is original position of group when spawned, so leaving it in the array makes no difference, the group will stop and all the other waypoints are deleted. So yes the array is not empty, but the first waypoint of the array is not a movement waypoint.

group _unit spawn { [_this,(currentWaypoint _this)] setWaypointPosition [getPosASL ((units _this) select 0), -1]; sleep 0.1; for "_i" from count waypoints _this - 1 to 1 step -1 do { deleteWaypoint [_this, _i]; }; }; Does indeed leave a waypoint 0 in the array. But the group will stop. My concern is : I don't know how understand why Bohemia chose that "Index 0 is the position the group was spawned at, and is set by the engine when spawning." (information provided by Larrow here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/226459-setwaypointloiterradius-breaking-script/?tab=comments#comment-3385858) and since it makes no difference if you remove it or not, why remove it ? I ask in earnest, maybe you have more information about that than I do.

Well, deleting all waypoints is not about stopping the group but about deleting all waypoints and to do that you need to iterate through every one of them, and this is what the note I put on the page said, so naturally it didn’t make sense what you wrote. But now that you edited it, it’s all good Killzone_Kid (talk) 21:18, 17 November 2019 (CET)