Olds – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Talk:Config_Properties_Megalist--Benargee (talk) 00:05, 18 October 2014 (CEST)

Copy Paste

Do not just overwrite a page. Add to it. A lot of your information is useful but also incomplete. --Benargee (talk) 21:01, 25 October 2014 (CEST)

Normally I would, but it's just too tedious to mass edit using the crappy web interface. I make my edits in a text editor file and then paste them over - bad practice, I know, but I need to do this until I'm done porting over all my base data from a massive spreadsheet. I restored Strangepeet's edit though as I overwrote it accidentally. I'll check more carefully before doing a mass edit next time.Olds (talk) 23:55, 25 October 2014 (CEST)
Also made it clear in the intro that the basic list is still being added to.Olds (talk) 23:57, 25 October 2014 (CEST)
I dont care what you do to your mega list. I had aproblem with the fact that you overwrote CfgVehicles with your mega list, even though I have a feeling it was an accident. --Benargee (talk) 02:05, 26 October 2014 (CET)
"Also made it clear in the intro that the basic list is still being added to" This is not good enough, biki is not some static resource, people are using it every day, removing information and leaving a note about it is not acceptable. Also I appreciate what you are doing, so don't let this small critique discourage you :) --KK
Ack no! That was a complete mistake! I was talking about overwriting the megalist - I didn't mean to overwrite CfgVehicles!! I just had the tab up as reference and accidentally pasted into it! Sorry!! D:Olds (talk) 14:33, 26 October 2014 (CET)
As far as my overwrite, no worries, i assumed it might get lost amidst mass change. it was a scamp piece of information anyway; tho my observation of it in a3 differs from the vbs description, for example timetolive timeout causes AA burst rounds to detonate, not just disappear (which is expected, i guess), ill test again when i get the chance --Strangepete (talk) 15:38, 27 October 2014 (CET)