Richardbiely – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 05:25, 18 January 2017 by Benargee (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

remoteExec

Dear Richard,

Would it be possible to somehow add a feature to remoteExecXXX command that would report the owner of the call origin? So the server can find out who used remoteExec and with what params.

Regards,

Killzone Kid (talk) 18:56, 27 May 2015 (CEST)

I agree with this. Perhaps this could be achieved in the form of a new event handler. Passed arguments could be origin client ID, UID, Player profile name, remote execution target/s and executed command/function and arguments. This would really help sever admins keep track of network activity for security purposes. Benargee (talk) 19:51, 27 May 2015 (CEST)
Adding origin ID is already considered and will very likely be implemented in the near future for security purposes. However, I'm currently not sure if we want it exposed to clients this way. Richardbiely (talk) 6:41, 28 May 2015 (CEST)
The clents have no business knowing this, this is why it would be nice if this is available on server only as suggested above :) Killzone Kid (talk) 07:58, 28 May 2015 (CEST)

RVExtensionArgs

Hi Richard,
I see you added a new DLL function RVExtensionArgs() on the Extensions page. Do you have any sqf syntax examples to interface with this new function? I assume its just an alternative syntax to callExtension. It would be nice to have both sides of the documentation. I would also like to know what version this is currently available in and when it might hit stable?
Thanks