WGL.Q – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 19:57, 9 October 2009 by Doolittle (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Command Examples

gday Kronzky,
can you please use the bot to make proper example templates.
Right now the new A2 pages either have no entry or a code tag. Yet a pre is needed. Code somehow breaks more complex examples like isFlatEmpty.
Example pages with broken example template code: savingEnabled and inGameUISetEventHandler. Thanks! --.kju 16:45, 13 July 2009 (CEST)

The problem you came across happens everywhere in the command template. Any equal sign that's used in the template has to be surrounded by <nowiki></nowiki> tags.
You're right that this doesn't happen inside <pre> tags, but, even though I don't *remember* the reasons for it, I *think* there was one, to use <code> instead of <pre> to indicate code (it may have had to do with the search functions).
So, I guess I'll just leave it to whoever adds examples to the commands, to either use <pre>, or to surround equal signs with <nowiki></nowiki> tags. --Kronzky 14:31, 17 July 2009 (CEST)
I agree that it might be dangerous to change it for existing examples / use.
Yet for yet empty examples, it might be good to mass change em to pre.
After all pre does not have to have several of the limitations of code. --.kju 15:24, 17 July 2009 (CEST)

Your Username

I also noticed that you tried to change your username in your personal page (from WGL.Q to kju).
Since that's not really supported under the Wiki, I've created a redirection page for the new name, and fixed the links to point to the pages that are actually associated with your Wiki account. (I'm afraid that's the best we can do here...) --Kronzky 14:43, 17 July 2009 (CEST)

Thanks. raedor suggested this. Limitation of media wiki indeed. --.kju 15:24, 17 July 2009 (CEST)

Re: enableSaving ... I made the change because I thought it was a type-o. I don't know in-game :D I'm at work so can't test --Doolittle 19:57, 9 October 2009 (CEST)