Waffle SS. – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
Line 20: Line 20:
== adding more than 2 strings together ==
== adding more than 2 strings together ==

I'd appreciate if you stop changing the wording to "insert" and changing example. The point is that adding together 3,4,5 etc string is quicker with format command, but inserting a string is just part of this larger tendency. [[User:Killzone Kid|Killzone Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone Kid|talk]]) 14:24, 17 May 2015 (CEST)
I'd appreciate if you stopped changing the wording to "insert" and changing example. The point is that adding together 3,4,5 etc string is quicker with format command, but inserting a string is just part of this larger tendency. [[User:Killzone Kid|Killzone Kid]] ([[User talk:Killzone Kid|talk]]) 14:24, 17 May 2015 (CEST)

Revision as of 14:24, 17 May 2015

Request for comment

At Village_Pump_(proposals)#Interlinking_via_.22See_Also.22  -- Fred Gandt (talk/contribs) 15:33, 11 April 2014 (CEST)

Edit Summaries

Hi again.

I'm not special and this is just a polite request (it's the second time I've asked though (I actually built a template on Wikipedia to make this easier ;-) and don't want to get a reputation for being a douche):

• Could you add a short edit summary for each of your edits to give some indication in the page histories and especially RecentChanges (which is like a "what's new" feed for BIKI) of what happened?

I recently asked another user to do the same, and for the same reason, so please don't think I'm picking on you or something. My only interest is in improving the documentation, and find it easier when I know what happened where and when. Cheers -- Fred Gandt (talk/contribs) 23:01, 12 April 2014 (CEST)

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't even notice there was a summary box. XD-- Waffle SS. 00:17, 12 April 2014

It's a sneaky little beggar! ;-)
If you go to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing, there's a checkbox (you need to save any settings you change for them to take effect) option for being prompted when you attempt to save a page without an edit summary. A lot of other handy setting too :-)
Thanks for taking my request well. -- Fred Gandt (talk/contribs) 03:28, 13 April 2014 (CEST)

adding more than 2 strings together

I'd appreciate if you stopped changing the wording to "insert" and changing example. The point is that adding together 3,4,5 etc string is quicker with format command, but inserting a string is just part of this larger tendency. Killzone Kid (talk) 14:24, 17 May 2015 (CEST)