Village Pump (assistance): Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(cleanup - this page is only for Wiki-related questions/requests!)
No edit summary
Line 2: Line 2:

==Command Functionality Groups==
==Command Functionality Groups==
I still need some volunteers assigning the remaining commands for the [[Scripting Commands by Functionality|functionality categories]]. Details on the [http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Talk:Scripting_Commands_by_Functionality talk page]. Thanks!  
Before I start [[Scripting Commands by Functionality|classifying all the commands]] (something for which I could need some help too), it would be nice to get some more input regarding the group names.

Do those groups make sense? Should we shuffle them around a bit? Will they be adequate for the new ArmA commands? Please leave your feedback at the [http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Talk:Scripting_Commands_by_Functionality discussion page]. Thanks!  
--[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 18:18, 11 August 2006 (CEST)
--[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 18:18, 11 August 2006 (CEST)
== Redirection pages ==
How to make a redirection page for an entry with a more proper name? One that makes you see the actual entry and the small text (redirected from ???).
:Use '''<nowiki>#REDIRECT [[NAME OF TARGETPAGE]]</nowiki>''' on the page that should forward to the TARGETPAGE (see also [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Redirect Wiki Reference]) --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 17:41, 27 November 2006 (CET)

Line 13: Line 21:

[[Category:Village Pump]]
[[Category:Village Pump]]
== How to use a radio ==
Some months ago I've read a minitutorial about using a radio commands. Then I've created a mission - I simply used command setRadioMsg, then I made a RADIO ALPHA trigger. Then I synchronized it with the requested unit WP, but the unit didn't wait for a signal and has started to move to the WP. Does someone know how to use the radio properly? Help me pls.
PS. Please note I'm from Czech Republic, so excuse my English ;) Thx
:The biki is not for editing questions, it is for "knowledge" only. Please ask the question [http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=25acec40b4acab820e627aa9a19a9eca;act=SF;f=7 here] again, you could also try to search the forums before. :) --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 12:15, 1 February 2007 (CET)
== Multithread and variables management ==
Hello every one.
I have one question, that only BIS Dev team would be able to answer i think.
With ExecVM Exec and Spawn commands (also eventHandlers and trigger), it is possible to do multithreading scripting.
Now imagine this situation : on all soldier you add a "killed" eventHandler. In its script you put : EnnemyKilled = EnnemyKilled +1
If soldiers are killed one by one, EnnemyKilled will be incresed each time a soldier dying.
But what is happenind if you drop a bomb on a squad? Every soldier will die at the same time.
What would happens, if at the "same" time, in one instance, arma is executing EnnemyKilled to retreive its data, and at this same time, an other instance is executing (EnnemyKilled +1) ?
In other Words, if {EnnemyKilled = EnnemyKilled +1} instruction is called at the same time into ThreadA and ThreadB, is there a risk that this instruction is launched on ThreadB BEFORE to have been FULLY executed into ThreadA ???
Thanks by advance for your answer.--[[User:Giova|Giova]] 19:18, 3 February 2007 (CET)
Giova,  I'm pretty sure the atomicity in ArmA is this:- 
.sqs scripts - each line executes to completion and is uninterrupatable
.sqf scripts - entire function exectutes to completion and is uninterruptable.  However, descheduling can occur at Sleep or waituntil commands.
[[User:Sbsmac|Sbsmac]] 13:30, 4 February 2007 (CET)

Revision as of 14:30, 4 February 2007

Need some help creation or filling up new sections? This is the place to look for volunteers.

Command Functionality Groups

Before I start classifying all the commands (something for which I could need some help too), it would be nice to get some more input regarding the group names.

Do those groups make sense? Should we shuffle them around a bit? Will they be adequate for the new ArmA commands? Please leave your feedback at the discussion page. Thanks! --Kronzky 18:18, 11 August 2006 (CEST)

Redirection pages

How to make a redirection page for an entry with a more proper name? One that makes you see the actual entry and the small text (redirected from ???).

Use #REDIRECT [[NAME OF TARGETPAGE]] on the page that should forward to the TARGETPAGE (see also Wiki Reference) --Kronzky 17:41, 27 November 2006 (CET)

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.

How to use a radio

Some months ago I've read a minitutorial about using a radio commands. Then I've created a mission - I simply used command setRadioMsg, then I made a RADIO ALPHA trigger. Then I synchronized it with the requested unit WP, but the unit didn't wait for a signal and has started to move to the WP. Does someone know how to use the radio properly? Help me pls.

PS. Please note I'm from Czech Republic, so excuse my English ;) Thx

The biki is not for editing questions, it is for "knowledge" only. Please ask the question here again, you could also try to search the forums before. :) --raedor 12:15, 1 February 2007 (CET)

Multithread and variables management

Hello every one.

I have one question, that only BIS Dev team would be able to answer i think.

With ExecVM Exec and Spawn commands (also eventHandlers and trigger), it is possible to do multithreading scripting.

Now imagine this situation : on all soldier you add a "killed" eventHandler. In its script you put : EnnemyKilled = EnnemyKilled +1

If soldiers are killed one by one, EnnemyKilled will be incresed each time a soldier dying.

But what is happenind if you drop a bomb on a squad? Every soldier will die at the same time.

What would happens, if at the "same" time, in one instance, arma is executing EnnemyKilled to retreive its data, and at this same time, an other instance is executing (EnnemyKilled +1) ?

In other Words, if {EnnemyKilled = EnnemyKilled +1} instruction is called at the same time into ThreadA and ThreadB, is there a risk that this instruction is launched on ThreadB BEFORE to have been FULLY executed into ThreadA ???

Thanks by advance for your answer.--Giova 19:18, 3 February 2007 (CET)

Giova, I'm pretty sure the atomicity in ArmA is this:-

.sqs scripts - each line executes to completion and is uninterrupatable
.sqf scripts - entire function exectutes to completion and is uninterruptable.  However, descheduling can occur at Sleep or waituntil commands.

Sbsmac 13:30, 4 February 2007 (CET)