Village Pump (assistance)

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 16:43, 22 March 2007 by Ceeeb (talk | contribs) (added request for help, creatign some ArmA beginner friendly resources.)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Need some help creation or filling up new sections? This is the place to look for volunteers.

Command Functionality Groups

I still need some volunteers assigning the remaining commands for the functionality categories. Details on the talk page. Thanks! --Kronzky 18:18, 11 August 2006 (CEST)

Ok i'll do few ones. I also purpose to you, to comment mutiplayer part of commands. I Mean, few commands are local, as action for exemple. Other one are broadcasted like setpos (i don't like to say public, because it has an other sens: public/private variable as in C++ or C langage or whatever) anyway, i'll use the word that you want, even if public is not the proper word for me.... So.... i would like to say for each command if it is local or broadcasted, i'm working a lot on MP, so i can do few commands every days. As you wish --Giova 11:17, 19 February 2007 (CET)

Well as u'll see, i've done A to B (i agree with 99% of the structure, so i placed also few comments in discution part). Tell me if it is ok for you. PS : sorry for my poor english language --Giova 12:08, 19 February 2007 (CET)

Thanks for helping out, Giova!
The multiplayer classification is still a subject under discussion, so I wouldn't bother with that for now, but the functionality classification you can definitely go ahead with.
But keep in mind that the way it's supposed to work is that you place the relevant commands into a category, rather than linking to them manually (as you did). That's why you now end up with two groups of commands on the pages you worked on Object Information, for example.
So, instead of putting links into the category page, use the categories that are listed on the grouping talk page, and put one (or two) of those into the commands that aren't classified yet.
And if you're not quite sure where it belongs, it's ok to put a command into several categories. After all, this feature is supposed to make searching for commands easier. So, people who only have a rough idea of what exactly they're looking for should still find all the commands that are somewhat relevant to the task at hand. So don't be too "strict" when classifying them! ;) --Kronzky 16:11, 19 February 2007 (CET)

ArmA beginner friendly resources

I'm was disappointed by the 200 word mission editing guide provided in the ArmA manual. I've also found it hard to provide links to any tutorial or editing guide that wasn't about OFP. So, I'm trying to create some articles for beginners, starting with ArmA:_Mission_Editor_-_User_Interface, based loosely on the Mission_Editor_User_Interface_(OFP) article. I will then get to work on a FAQ style "how do I do this, how do I do that" article. Any help would be appreciated, I'm really not very good at typing articles like this and tend to word things in unusual ways. Any technical corrections would be great too!! Thanks --Ceeeb 15:43, 22 March 2007 (CET)

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.