Village Pump (policy)
Discuss existing and proposed policies.
What kind of discussions are appropriate for the Wiki? How should they be handled? What should happen with them? etc., etc...
Australians in Vietnam
In order to keep a mass uploading of images to the BI Wiki, some guidelines should be followed when creating your Mod page, or your personal Wiki page, or any pages for that matter. A limit of 5 - 8 images limit per page. Assumption of 1 -2 pics for logo, 4 pics max for screen shots, 1 image for squad.xml.
Other File types
- Some have requested other file types such as videos, pbo, sqm files. See talk page for discussion.
Version Tags in Wiki Pages / Changes
Could you please introduce version specific tags (like "Introduced_in_version_x.xx.xxxx). The idea is to have mainly the ArmA devs tag new additions or changes of a new ArmA version. This way it would be far easier to check the technical changes being introduced with new versions (if they are documentated of course - even empty pages are a start!). This would be very helpful to find new features or changes rather than to dig through the recent changes list (which is even unreadable at this point for various reasons) or to have to check each wiki pages for modifications.
Lets take an example to make this more clear: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=server.cfg&diff=29378&oldid=28962 This edit introduced the persistent parameter for the server configuration.
The change log of the patch does add this:
1.04 - New: parameter persistent in the server config to allow the mission to continue even when no players are connected
This feature can easily go unnoticed and not understood in the current state (especially without the note from the change log!). So there has to be some kind of summary of the changes: Here in the wiki - about changes in the wiki. As in the best case every actual change of the game should result in a change in the wiki too. So in theory the wiki should be give a complete overview about this and in practice we should try to achieve this as much as possible!
So another topic to take in consideration would be to have each change log being part of the wiki and that each change contains links to related pages.
--WGL.Q 13:05, 9 February 2007 (CET)
- Nope. This is just the pure change log. Please re-read my first post. A patch contains blunt fixes of errors, however there are also changes (of existing stuff or additions). These need to be documentated in the wiki.
- BI employees or sometimes ppl from the beta team do add content in the wiki to reflect these changes. Yet there is no page to summarize these changes - which are related to a specific version / patch as being introduced at this point.
- So to take a general example. One could ask what has been changed between 1.00 and 1.02 related to dedicated server configuration / script syntax additions / changes etc - there has to be an overview about this. Else, like stated, wiki and the actual game changes will go unnoticed or take long to get well known in the community.
- Hm. I know its not easy to get my point here. Ill try to rewrite in tomorrow. --WGL.Q 22:34, 9 February 2007 (CET)
- I think I understand your point. WOuldn't the notes sections work for this? Or some note in the description field? Adjusting the current template really isn't an option with like 750+ commands. :( hoz 18:22, 10 February 2007 (CET)
News about BI and this Wiki.
Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.
New proposals that are not policy related.
|Things To Do
Areas of the Biki that need attention.
Request assistance for the creation and update of content.
Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.
Topics that do not fit into any other category.