Village Pump (proposals): Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
Line 26: Line 26:

:As long as the most info on a page is related to both, I think it is okay. It just has to be clear, which info is only related to one of the games.
:As long as the most info on a page is related to both, I think it is okay. It just has to be clear, which info is only related to one of the games.
: I agree as long as the difference is noted, the description.ext started out as a reference for the OFP one, which was identical to the Elite one with the exception of the header class. In ArmA its identical again with a few more changes. [[User:Hoz|hoz]]

Revision as of 18:43, 15 January 2007

Discuss new proposals that are not policy related.

Improve recent changes

sadly, the biki is abused as a BTS for ArmA at this point. yet thats not the topic of this proposal.

however especially the initially very useful "recent changes" page is now being flooded by these entries. first i'd like to suggest to open a section about the "recent changes" page which discusses the possibilities of its customization, importance and overall value to the end user. in my view the recent changes page is one of the main elements to use the wiki effectively. this has to be made clear to everyone and what is related to have it remain like this (minor edits, preview function, edit comments).

one quite useful tool here is to activate in one's Preferences - recent changes section the Enhanced recent changes (JavaScript) option. This summarizes edits on the same wiki page to one group and therefore enables one to retain a better overview about the changes done.

secondly, i'd like to ask (request) if there is a filter option available ("as plugin") for the mediawiki engine to filter out entries like sandbox, user pages and other custom defined page edits.

thanks! --WGL.Q 11:24, 25 December 2006 (CET)

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.

Merge some scripting pages

There are some pages such as createUnit and createUnit array that would be better presented as a single createUnit page that describes both forms. I'm happy to merge these but want to check that someone won't take offence. ;-) Sbsmac 20:36, 30 December 2006 (CET)

Seperate info for seperate games?

I would have thought that it would be a good idea to keep seperate reference information for each of the seperate BI games? For example, the Description.ext page contains information that is only relevant to ArmA, which only serves to confuse someone looking for OFP infomation. The scripting commands are another concern, although I am unsure as to whether ArmA has changed the syntax or function of any of the OFP commands. While it makes sense to focus on the new engine, it should not be done in such a way that reduces this Wiki's usability for OFP users.

As long as the most info on a page is related to both, I think it is okay. It just has to be clear, which info is only related to one of the games.
I agree as long as the difference is noted, the description.ext started out as a reference for the OFP one, which was identical to the Elite one with the exception of the header class. In ArmA its identical again with a few more changes. hoz