Village Pump (todo): Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Script command template: Argument locality)
m (fixed noinclude tags)
(28 intermediate revisions by 14 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
<noinclude>''List areas of the Biki that are in need of attention.''</noinclude>
<noinclude>''List areas of the Biki that are in need of attention.''</noinclude>
<noinclude>{{villagepumpmenu}}</noinclude>
[[Category:Village Pump]]
=== Proper module documentation ===

ARMA 3 introduced a very good set of modules to the editor, but the wiki is lacking in documentation for them, such as how they work and how they are implemented.
==Sections that urgently need Content==
:I've made a few pages, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Some focus on this would be greatly appreciated.
===ArmA mission editing===
:I'm currently keeping track of the pages done so far [[https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlH5bLoEyaEEdDY3bElnRXRpV19FRE1Va3I2TktLbkE&usp=sheets_web#gid=0| here]].
*The ArmA section has ''no content'' (or only stubs) for editing a mission (editor use, briefing, etc.), waypoints and triggers. These are very basic concepts that a lot of people will want to know more about, but the Wiki has hardly ''anything'' about them. Until new content is created we should at least point to the pages from OFP.  
:--[[User:Acesential|Acesential]] ([[User talk:Acesential|talk]]) 01:47, 22 February 2014 (CET)

:Not sure how many folks are actively editing, but this is still a significant issue. [[User:KC Grimes|KC Grimes]] ([[User talk:KC Grimes|talk]]) 03:47, 25 April 2018 (CEST)
:The ArmA mission editor itself is now covered, although another article covering the link between a mission and briefing.html, objectives, description.ext, etc is still needed. [[User:Ceeeb|Ceeeb]]
::This is quite alot of work and it currently no priority. We are currently working on getting the command and function pages completely filled 23:55, 11 June 2018 (CEST)[[User:R3vo|R3vo]] ([[User talk:R3vo|talk]])

<!-- PLEASE LEAVE THIS SECTION AT THE BOTTOM! -->
===Dialogs===
*[[Dialogs]] has been uncovered for a while now [http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Dialogs], someone with expertise in this topic might want to contribute. -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 03:09, 29 April 2007 (CEST)

:Definitely, I created my first dialog yesterday using Vektorboson's tutorial from 2002! Failing all else a reference list of ArmA resource types and definitions would be very useful. Another empty article is [[Dialog_Control]]. --[[User:Ceeeb|Ceeeb]] 05:14, 29 April 2007 (CEST)

::[[Dialog Control]] should be deleted then until data is added, imho. It's quite irritating: the article only exists with a "placeholder page" statement as of now, which results in the problem that it does not show up on [[Special:Wantedpages]], where it'd definitely be among the top 3. -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 05:24, 29 April 2007 (CEST)

:::[[User:Raedor|raedor]] was kind enough to remove it. Now we should focus on [[Dialogs]] in the near future and bring along [[Dialog Control]] simultanously. -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 03:28, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

===deleteCollection===
[[deleteCollection]] is unclear, at least for me. It says that it deletes a collection, nothing more. Since it takes an object as the right argument, I'm pretty much confused. The only collection data type I can think of is array (which isn't an object per se). Someone might want to look into it and specify exactly what this is about in the article itself (and perhaps apply a ''Command Group by Functionality'' reference afterwards). -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 03:28, 30 April 2007 (CEST)
:Same applies to: [[deleteTarget]], [[difficultyEnabled]]. -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 03:43, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

::There are LOTS of articles (esp. on the commands) that are pretty brief or ambiguous in their descriptions. All we can hope for is that some more documentation might trickle down from BI, or that somebody takes the time to do some experiments, and finds out a few things themselves. But I don't think we need to list every of those articles here (that would fill up the page pretty quickly). --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 05:49, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

:::The delete commands you mentioned are refering to things that are not implemented in ArmA (yet). I just "populated" the difficultyEnabled article. --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 12:56, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

===Command argument/effect scope===
If anyone has any knowledge on the scope of command arguments and effects, could they please help out by adding it to the Wiki. If you have any references but no time to add it, if you could get it to me and I will add it to the wiki. I've found some information such as [http://www.ofpec.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=22956.0 this] and [http://www.ofpec.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=36&topic=28119.0 this OFPEC topic], but confirming them all will take me a long time. --[[User:Ceeeb|Ceeeb]] 18:38, 2 May 2007 (CEST)

:I have something like that, have to ask the author before I add it, though. As it is for OFP, it needs some testing I guess. --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 18:54, 2 May 2007 (CEST)

==Proposals==
===Locality article===
Do we have something like an article about multiplayer locality and common techniques? Just curious, because I think some mission editors get frustrated about locality related issues easily. -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 02:26, 7 May 2007 (CEST)

==Buggy Wiki Pages==
<s>* Even though the [[:Category:Reference_Lists]] is linked to from OFP/E, it doesn't contain any content for those games, but only ArmA links.</s>  Done [[User:Hoz|hoz]]

*MP Squads list/categories needs sorting out, perhaps a different approach should be taken then the categories. Hopefully someone picks up this task. :) [[User:Hoz|hoz]]

<noinclude>
<noinclude>
=="Needy" Page Categories==
The following lists may contain some pages with open issues:
*'''[[:Category:ERRORS|Errors]]'''
*'''[[:Category:AnswerMe|AnswerMe]]'''
*'''[[Special:Wantedpages|Wanted Pages]]'''
*'''[[:Category:Scripting Commands needing definition|Scripting Commands needing definition]]'''
{{villagepumpmenu}}</noinclude>
[[Category:Village Pump]]
== Script command template: Argument locality ==
We're hardly using the arg/eff locality thing, but if we ever start doing so (again), we need to fix it. args currently can be 'local' or 'global' here in the wiki... way more accurate would be 'local' or 'remote'. We'd need a bew icon for this and could rewrite the template so that it uses this correct wording.
The effect can be local or global, that is correct.
--[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 10:14, 25 September 2008 (CEST)

Revision as of 12:16, 1 April 2019

List areas of the Biki that are in need of attention.

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.

Proper module documentation

ARMA 3 introduced a very good set of modules to the editor, but the wiki is lacking in documentation for them, such as how they work and how they are implemented.

I've made a few pages, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Some focus on this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm currently keeping track of the pages done so far [here].
--Acesential (talk) 01:47, 22 February 2014 (CET)
Not sure how many folks are actively editing, but this is still a significant issue. KC Grimes (talk) 03:47, 25 April 2018 (CEST)
This is quite alot of work and it currently no priority. We are currently working on getting the command and function pages completely filled 23:55, 11 June 2018 (CEST)R3vo (talk)