Village Pump (todo): Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Proposals, Locality)
Line 29: Line 29:

:I have something like that, have to ask the author before I add it, though. As it is for OFP, it needs some testing I guess. --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 18:54, 2 May 2007 (CEST)
:I have something like that, have to ask the author before I add it, though. As it is for OFP, it needs some testing I guess. --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 18:54, 2 May 2007 (CEST)
==Proposals==
===Locality article===
Do we have something like an article about multiplayer locality and common techniques? Just curious, because I think some mission editors get frustrated about locality related issues easily. -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 02:26, 7 May 2007 (CEST)

==Buggy Wiki Pages==
==Buggy Wiki Pages==

Revision as of 02:26, 7 May 2007

List areas of the Biki that are in need of attention.

Sections that urgently need Content

ArmA mission editing

• The ArmA section has no content (or only stubs) for editing a mission (editor use, briefing, etc.), waypoints and triggers. These are very basic concepts that a lot of people will want to know more about, but the Wiki has hardly anything about them. Until new content is created we should at least point to the pages from OFP.
The ArmA mission editor itself is now covered, although another article covering the link between a mission and briefing.html, objectives, description.ext, etc is still needed. Ceeeb

Dialogs

• Dialogs has been uncovered for a while now [1], someone with expertise in this topic might want to contribute. -- Manny 03:09, 29 April 2007 (CEST)
Definitely, I created my first dialog yesterday using Vektorboson's tutorial from 2002! Failing all else a reference list of ArmA resource types and definitions would be very useful. Another empty article is Dialog_Control. --Ceeeb 05:14, 29 April 2007 (CEST)
Dialog Control should be deleted then until data is added, imho. It's quite irritating: the article only exists with a "placeholder page" statement as of now, which results in the problem that it does not show up on Special:Wantedpages, where it'd definitely be among the top 3. -- Manny 05:24, 29 April 2007 (CEST)
raedor was kind enough to remove it. Now we should focus on Dialogs in the near future and bring along Dialog Control simultanously. -- Manny 03:28, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

deleteCollection

deleteCollection is unclear, at least for me. It says that it deletes a collection, nothing more. Since it takes an object as the right argument, I'm pretty much confused. The only collection data type I can think of is array (which isn't an object per se). Someone might want to look into it and specify exactly what this is about in the article itself (and perhaps apply a Command Group by Functionality reference afterwards). -- Manny 03:28, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

Same applies to: deleteTarget, difficultyEnabled. -- Manny 03:43, 30 April 2007 (CEST)
There are LOTS of articles (esp. on the commands) that are pretty brief or ambiguous in their descriptions. All we can hope for is that some more documentation might trickle down from BI, or that somebody takes the time to do some experiments, and finds out a few things themselves. But I don't think we need to list every of those articles here (that would fill up the page pretty quickly). --Kronzky 05:49, 30 April 2007 (CEST)
The delete commands you mentioned are refering to things that are not implemented in ArmA (yet). I just "populated" the difficultyEnabled article. --raedor 12:56, 30 April 2007 (CEST)

Command argument/effect scope

If anyone has any knowledge on the scope of command arguments and effects, could they please help out by adding it to the Wiki. If you have any references but no time to add it, if you could get it to me and I will add it to the wiki. I've found some information such as this and this OFPEC topic, but confirming them all will take me a long time. --Ceeeb 18:38, 2 May 2007 (CEST)

I have something like that, have to ask the author before I add it, though. As it is for OFP, it needs some testing I guess. --raedor 18:54, 2 May 2007 (CEST)

Proposals

Locality article

Do we have something like an article about multiplayer locality and common techniques? Just curious, because I think some mission editors get frustrated about locality related issues easily. -- Manny 02:26, 7 May 2007 (CEST)

Buggy Wiki Pages

* Even though the Category:Reference_Lists is linked to from OFP/E, it doesn't contain any content for those games, but only ArmA links. Done hoz

• MP Squads list/categories needs sorting out, perhaps a different approach should be taken then the categories. Hopefully someone picks up this task. :) hoz

"Needy" Page Categories

The following lists may contain some pages with open issues:

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.