Village Pump (todo)

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

List areas of the Biki that are in need of attention.

Overloaded commands - same purpose

(Overloaded commands - same command name (and purpose) with different arguments)

Recommendation: Combined page with various syntaxes, either: compressed like isNull (if suitable), or separate syntaxes like camSetTarget.

* for do
* for forspec
* for var
* hintC
* hintC array
* hintC structuredText
* hintC text
* side
* side location
* skill
* skill vehicle

Overloaded commands - different purposes

(Overloaded commands - same command name (but for different purposes/category))

Recommendation: Common redirect page using base name with links to each variation (like for, in, (private))

* createUnit
* createUnit array
* createVehicle
* createVehicle array
* name
* name location
* config/name (odd name)
* position
* position location
* text
* text location

Scripting Commands, Case-Sensitivity, and Redirects

Notice that setPos is an article, but setpos is not. If I simply type "setpos" into the search, I see a search results page rather than setPos. The same applies to almost all other scripting commands. This is a little annoying.

Normally, the BIKI software doesn't seem to care what you capitalize when typing into the search. "Bohemia Interactive," "bohemia interactive," and "BOHEmia IntERacTIve" all lead to the same page. However, it's as though the upper-case P in the middle of "setPos" confuses the wiki.

Is there a way we can fix this problem without creating hundreds of redirects? RKurtzDmitriyev 23:44, 14 February 2011 (CET)

I assume there are settings for case-sensitivity but these can only be changed by Wiki-Admin afaik. If really there really is a need we could create the redirects via bot but not sure if this is the optimal solution. --T_D 02:36, 15 February 2011 (CET)
Thanks for the reply. Who's the Wiki-Admin? Dwarden?
Sorry if that information is posted somewhere, but I couldn't find a staff roster.RKurtzDmitriyev 01:20, 17 February 2011 (CET)
Wiki-Admin is User:Hlavac afaik. --T_D 17:02, 17 February 2011 (CET)

Proper module documentation

ARMA 3 introduced a very good set of modules to the editor, but the wiki is lacking in documentation for them, such as how they work and how they are implemented.

I've made a few pages, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Some focus on this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm currently keeping track of the pages done so far [here].
--Acesential (talk) 01:47, 22 February 2014 (CET)
Not sure how many folks are actively editing, but this is still a significant issue. KC Grimes (talk) 03:47, 25 April 2018 (CEST)
This is quite alot of work and it currently no priority. We are currently working on getting the command and function pages completely filled 23:55, 11 June 2018 (CEST)R3vo (talk)

"Needy" Page Categories

The following lists may contain some pages with open issues:

News
post | watch

News about BI and this Wiki.

Policy
post | watch

Discuss existing and proposed, new policies.

Proposals
post | watch

New proposals that are not policy related.

Things To Do
post | watch

Areas of the Biki that need attention.

Assistance
post | watch

Request assistance for the creation and update of content.

Technical
post | watch

Technical issues related to the MediaWiki software.

Miscellaneous
post | watch

Topics that do not fit into any other category.