- Orders an artillery unit to fire a burst on the given position (via the radio).
- The unit will fire a burst even if the rounds parameter is 0 or a negative number.
- unit commandArtilleryFire [position, type, rounds]
- unit: Object
- position: Array format PositionAGL
- type: String - Magazine class name from CfgMagazines (case sensitive).
- rounds: Number
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Mortar commandArtilleryFire [[3000, 120, 1000], "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 3];
- See also:
- doArtilleryFire getArtilleryAmmo getArtilleryETA enableEngineArtillery getArtilleryComputerSettings shownArtilleryComputer inRangeOfArtillery fire doFire commandFire canFire fireAtTarget forceWeaponFire commandSuppressiveFire doSuppressiveFire isManualFire
- Posted on Apr 18, 2020 - 14:28 (UTC)
This command can not fire bursts consisting of more rounds than the given magazine type holds, even if there are several magazines of the same type available. The fire mission issued by this command ends once the artillery unit has to reload.
The Mk6 Mortar comes with four "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells" magazines, giving it a total of 32 HE shells. However, _mortar commandArtilleryFire [_somePos, "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 10]; will only fire 8 rounds instead of 10.