Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
Returns the distance in meters between two Objects, Positions or (since VBS2 1.24) Locations.
NOTE: If positions are supplied as arguments, the coordinates are treated as PositionATL if over the land and as PositionASLW if over the sea.
- var1 distance var2
- var1: Object, Location (since VBS2 1.24) or Array-format Position
- var2 or pos2: Object, Location (since VBS2 1.24) or Array-format Position
- Return Value:
- Number - Distance in meters.
- Example 1:
_meters=player distance _object
- Example 2:
_meters=player distance [1,2,3]
- Example 3:
_meters=[1,2,3] distance player
- Example 5:
_meters=[1,2,3] distance [4,5,6]
- Posted on Feb 14, 2007 - 12:00
- Sudden Death
- distance to position3D (array) doesnt work with OFP, only objects Armed Assault: position3D (array) and object works
- Posted on Mar 10, 2010 - 12:00
- This returns the map distance, not the vector distance, [0,0,0] distance [0,0,1] can be >1 or <1, not exactly 1; unlike the vector math.
- Posted on Aug 03, 2012 - 10:15
- If a position in format [x, y, z] is provided for both arguments, distance also checks the z dimension as well. Ie: player distance [0,0,200] will return 200, if the player is at this position at ground/sea level.