Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
- Forces a unit to fire the given weapon.
- unit fire weaponName
- unit: Object - unit that's supposed to fire
- weaponName: String - name of the weapon to be fired
- Return Value:
- unit fire [muzzle, mode, magazine]
- unit: Object
- [muzzle, mode, magazine]: Array
- muzzle: String
- mode: String
- magazine: String (Optional)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_soldier fire "M16"
- Example 2:
_soldier fire "SmokeShellMuzzle"
- Example 3:
_soldier fire ["SmokeShellMuzzle","SmokeShellMuzzle","SmokeShell"]
- See also:
- forceWeaponFirefireAtTargetdoFirecommandFireaction ["UseWeapon"]Category:Weapons
To place a satchel (pipebomb) the syntax is:
OFP: unitname Fire ["put", "pipebomb"]
ArmA: unitname Fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipebomb"];
The triggering is done via a "TOUCHOFF" action.
- Posted on February 2, 2007
- In OFP v1.96, when a man class unit is given this command, he will aim up in the air before firing his weapon. This makes it rather useless if you want to make him shoot a target. It does work with vehicles, when the vehicle is first given a doWatch or doTarget command.
- Posted on January 20, 2007
- In ArmA v1.02, this command is not working with weapons in the secondary turrets (like "DSHKM" in t72)
- Posted on August 17, 2006
- Sometimes AI won't shoot when you use this command. It can be fixed by placing selectWeapon command before it.
- Posted on March 18, 2010
- In Arma2 AI will automatically shoot straight up. Command seems to be broken.
- Posted on November 24, 2010
- Command is broken - confirmed. Use action "USEWEAPON" instead. Place a game logic in the editor. Name it MyGameLogic. Use this code to make unit1 fire his primaryweapon: MyGameLogic action ["useWeapon",primaryWeapon unit1,unit1,0];
- Posted on Feburary 25, 2011
- Command works just fine in A2/OA. Make sure to execute it on local AI.
- Posted on April 06, 2012
- Max Power
- If it did work at one time, it does no longer. The AI (or player) is forced to look upwards or reacts to a massive recoil force before getting his shot off.
- Posted on Feburary 16, 2013
- Command did not work with ACR 1.62. Used "fireAtTarget" instead.