Difference between revisions of "getPlayerUID"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 20:54, 29 July 2015
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
- Return an uniqueID of the given unit as string if it's player and empty value if it's AI. The unique ID may be up to 100 characters long and may contain numbers, uppercase letters and underscores (the value can be used to construct a valid variable name by appending to another valid variable name).
Note: while for ArmA 2 or ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead until version 1.60 the result always contains a number, it should be always handled as an opaque string. Converting it to a Number can cause precision problems, as Number cannot accurately represent integers above 16777216 (2^24). Moreover, game versions since ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead 1.61 provide a non-numeric value as a result.
- getPlayerUID unit
- unit: Object
- Return Value:
- String ("_SP_AI_", "_SP_PLAYER_" in SP, "" or UID number string in MP)
- Example 1:
_uid = getPlayerUID player;
- See also:
- Posted on April 17, 2014 - 22:29
- Master85 (talk)
- In Arma 3 the returned string is the steamID64 of the player.
_steamProfileUrl = "http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/" + (getPlayerUID player);
- Posted on July 29, 2015 - 19:54 (UTC)
- If used on an empty vehicle that had a driver since the mission start, it will return the UID of the last driver instead of "".