Difference between revisions of "getPos"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Added: equivalent)
(Comment removed. Result only the same when over ground, over water is different)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
| Returns the object position in format [[Position]]
| Returns the object position in format [[Position]]. |= Description
Revision as of 19:22, 21 August 2013
- Array = getPos object
- object: Object; since VBS2 1.24: Location
- Return Value:
- Array - format Position
- Example 1:
- Posted on 16 Feb, 2007
- getPos obj select 2 might return the vertical position above ground level, but for a stacked object, it returns the vertical position above the object beneath it. The same problem exists for getPosASL. There was a discussion thread in the BIS forums which suggested the use of the command modelToWorld instead to get around this issue where an absolute vertical position is required. ArmA Ver 1.02.
- Posted on 14 Dec, 2010
- This command returns a PositionAGL. Apparently, Position and PositionAGL are the same thing.
- Posted on 6 Feb, 2011
- The z height returned changes dynamically with the height of waves beneath the object, if the object is located over sea. The z height returned by getPosATL and getPosASL does not change like this. This was tested by continuously retrieving the position of a static object, like the cross in the empty/corpses category, placed over sea or land. getPos behaves similar to _obj modelToWorld [0.0, 0.0, 0.0] but it does not give the same result, therefore (_obj modelToWorld [0.0, 0.0, 0.0]) != (getPos _obj).
- Posted on 23 Nov, 2011
- You can use getPos and setPos on triggers.