Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Returns the object position in format Position.
- Array = getPos object
- object: Object; since VBS2 1.24: Location
- Return Value:
- Array - format Position
- Example 1:
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on 16 Feb, 2007
- getPos obj select 2 might return the vertical position above ground level, but for a stacked object, it returns the vertical position above the object beneath it. The same problem exists for getPosASL. There was a discussion thread in the BIS forums which suggested the use of the command modelToWorld instead to get around this issue where an absolute vertical position is required. ArmA Ver 1.02.
- Posted on 14 Dec, 2010
- This command returns a PositionAGL. Apparently, Position and PositionAGL are the same thing.
- Posted on 6 Feb, 2011
- The z height returned changes dynamically with the height of waves beneath the object, if the object is located over sea. The z height returned by getPosATL and getPosASL does not change like this. This was tested by continuously retrieving the position of a static object, like the cross in the empty/corpses category, placed over sea or land. getPos behaves similar to _obj modelToWorld [0.0, 0.0, 0.0] but it does not give the same result, therefore (_obj modelToWorld [0.0, 0.0, 0.0]) != (getPos _obj).
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.00
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Uncategorised
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.96
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.46
- Scripting Commands ArmA
- Command Group: Object Information
- Scripting Commands ArmA2