moveInTurret

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 23:10, 7 May 2015 by Krzmbrzl (talk | contribs) (format)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

-wrong parameter ("Arma") defined!-1.00
Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Moves the soldier into the vehicle's turret. (Immediately, without animation). turret path is an array of positions inside a turret, or positions inside a turret of a turret.

[0] means first turret.
[0,0] means first turret of first turret.
[0,1] means second turret of first turret.
[1] means second turret.
[1,0] means first turret of the second turret.
[2,0] means first turret of third turret.
And so on ...
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
unitName moveInTurret [vehicle, turretPath]
Parameters:
unitName: Object
[vehicle, turretPath]: Array
vehicle: Object
turretPath: Array - see Description.
Return Value:
Nothing

Examples

Example 1:
_soldierOne moveInTurret [_tank, [0, 0]]

Additional Information

See also:
GetInTurretassignAsTurretmoveInCargomoveInCommandermoveInDrivermoveInGunnerassignAsCargoassignAsCommanderassignAsDriverassignAsGunner

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

TurretPath [0,0] moves the soldier in the first turret of the first turret of a vehicle.
TurretPath [0, 2, 1] would move him to the second turret of the third turret of the first turret, [1] moves him to the second turret of a vehicle.
Turret order has to be defined in the class CfgVehicles of the Config.
here 2 examples : Boat1 is an "RHIB 2 Turrets" Soldier moveInTurret [Boat1,[0]] result : Soldier will mount into the front turret of the boat Soldier moveInTurret [Boat1,[1]] result : Soldier will mount into the Back turret of the boat
Posted on March 6, 2008
Kronzky
To find out which turrets are available on a vehicle, and what the syntax is, you can use this little script.
Posted on February 13, 2014
hcpookie
Examples for nested turrets: MainTurret = _soldierOne moveInTurret [_tank, [0]] CommanderTurret = _soldierOne moveInTurret [_tank, [0, 0]] ... where: MainTurret is the standard BIS MainTurret... e.g: class Turrets { class MainTurret {}; }; CommanderTurret is the standard BIS CommanderTurret located on the MainTurret... e.g: class Turrets { class MainTurret { class Turrets { class CommanderTurret {}; }; }; };
Posted on March 18, 2014
Killzone_Kid
Here is a small function to find available turret paths for a given vehicle. It will only search 2 levels deep, hence called commonTurrets: KK_fnc_commonTurrets = { private ["_arr","_trts"]; _arr = []; _trts = configFile / "CfgVehicles" / typeOf _this / "Turrets"; for "_i" from 0 to count _trts - 1 do { _arr set [count _arr, [_i]]; for "_j" from 0 to count ( _trts / configName (_trts select _i) / "Turrets" ) - 1 do { _arr set [count _arr, [_i, _j]]; }; }; _arr }; Example call: hint str (vehicle player call KK_fnc_commonTurrets); //[[0],[0,0]]

Bottom Section