Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 16:03, 2 September 2019 by Lou Montana (Fix Category:Pages using duplicate arguments in template calls)
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
When argument is Object, the command returns the name given to a unit using the setIdentity instruction or selected randomly by the game engine if setIdentity has not been used on the unit. If used on vehicle, name of first crew member (in order commander, driver, gunner). If used on an object, "Error: No unit" is being returned.
When argument is Location, the location's name is returned. To return the textual value of a location use text command instead.
- Example 1:
_name = name player;
- Example 2:
_locationName = name myLocation;
- Example 3:
name nearestLocation [position player, "Hill"]; // "" text nearestLocation [position player, "Hill"]; // "Lesnoy Khrebet"
- See also:
- Posted on August 4, 2006 - 10:56
- Notes from before the conversion: Name will return an error for units that have been dead for more than a few seconds.
- Posted on December 15, 2006 - 05:27
- To return the name of the unit that was given in the editor's "name" field, call up the unit's object in a format statement:
hint format ["Unit's name: %1", _unitobject];
- Posted on April 14, 2009
- Will return Error: No vehicle for JIP players in init.sqf, if no sleep were performed