Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Posted on September 23, 2013
- This command works well with addon sounds, however getting it to play mission sound files is a bit tricky. Follow this guide
- Posted on September 26, 2014 - 09:18 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
- Currently, playSound3D is not JIP compatible, so joining players will not hear the sound if is started before and is still playing when player joins.
- Posted on October 16, 2013 - 08:21 (UTC)
- You need to get the correct path for custom mission sounds. Use missionConfigFile with BIS_fnc_trimString (to trim off "description.ext"), then add your mission's sound directory and sound file:
_soundPath = [(str missionConfigFile), 0, -15] call BIS_fnc_trimString; _soundToPlay = _soundPath + "sounds\some_sound_file.ogg"; playSound3D [_soundToPlay, _sourceObject, false, getPos _sourceObject, 10, 1, 50]; //Volume db+10, volume drops off to 0 at 50 meters from _sourceObject
- Posted on November 8, 2014 - 21:48 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
When object is supplied but not a position, the position is taken from object, otherwise the position is taken from supplied position. That doesn't mean that when position is taken from object it is going to follow object when it changes position. The sound is generated at object position and it stays there.
One other important note: If soundSource param is objNull then his command develops the same bug with first person view as createSoundSource and say3D. If soundSource param is player then the bug is inverted. It seems that passing vehicle player as soundSource param is the only way to make it behave correctly when vehicles involved.