regexFind

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 09:30, 25 April 2021 by R3vo (talk | contribs) (formatting)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
-wrong parameter ("arma3dev") defined!-[[:Category:Introduced with arma3dev version 2.05|2.05]]
Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Offsets are relative to haystack start, ignoring the provided startOffset. startOffset being <0 or >= count hayStack will trigger a script error and return empty array
Groups:
Regular Expression (Regex)

Syntax

Syntax:
haystack regexFind [pattern, startOffset]
Parameters:
haystack: String
pattern: String - Format regex pattern
offset: Number - (Optional, default: 0) The offset has to be smaller then count haystack and >= 0
Return Value:
[[match1, offset1], [match2, offset2], ... [matchN, offsetN]]

Examples

Example 1:
"wooKie boOkie cookie" regexFind [".ookie/gio"] // [["wooKie",0],["boOkie",7],["cookie",14]]
Example 2:
"wooKie boOkie cookie" regexFind [".ookie/i"] // [["wooKie",0]]
Example 3:
"wooKie boOkie cookie" regexFind [".ookie/"] // [["wooKie",0],["boOkie",7],["cookie",14]]
Example 4:
Multiline example:"co1kie2 co2kie" regexFind ["^co.kie$"] // [["co1kie",0],["co2kie",8]]
Example 5:
"I'm a cookie clicker" regexFind ["c(.*?)k(.*?)e/i"] // [["cookie",6],["oo",7],["i",10]]
Example 6:
"I'm a cookie clicker" regexFind ["c(.*?)k(.*?)e"] // [["cookie",6],["oo",7],["i",10],["clicke",13],["lic",14],["",18]]

Additional Information

See also:
regexMatch regexReplace

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

[[Category:Introduced with arma3dev version 2.05]][[ Category: arma3dev: New Scripting Commands | REGEXFIND]][[ Category: arma3dev: Scripting Commands | REGEXFIND]]