setSide

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 16:48, 24 November 2016 by Ffur2007slx2 5 (talk | contribs) (format & see also)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
-wrong parameter ("Arma") defined!-1.08
Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Sets a location's side. The default side is Unknown.
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
location setSide side
Parameters:
side: Side
Return Value:
Nothing

Examples

Example 1:
myLocation setSide resistance

Additional Information

See also:
SidesidewesteastresistanceciviliansideUnknownsideFriendlysideEnemyplayerSideside locationSide relationsindependent

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

Posted on 16:00, 3 December 2013 (CEST)
Ondrejkuzel
For units, vehicles you can use: "array joinSilent createGroup Side", e.g. in init: "[this] joinSilent createGroup EAST;" described in the note below
Posted on 19:05, 6 August 2009 (CEST)
Jtgibson
This is a frequent question on OFPEC, but produced here because it was difficult to find an answer to. setSide does not work for men, vehicles, etc.: it is intended for locations (i.e., territory). If you want to switch a unit's (e.g., the player's) side in the middle of a battle, make the unit joinSilent a group on the given side instead. If you want the unit to become the group leader after joining, use selectLeader. I haven't tested the idea of spawning a temporary unit of that side, assigning the player to that unit, setting the player as the leader, then deleting the original unit, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. (It begs the question why we don't have a setSide object function, though.)

Bottom Section