Jump to navigation Jump to search
In MP, the variable space of the object is local to each client. Changes are not broadcast, except in Arma 2 via public parameter for supported types.
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
- Set variable to given value in the variable space of given element. To remove a variable, set it to nil (e.g. player setVariable ["varname",nil]).
- objectName setVariable [name, value, (public)]
- objectName: Object or Location. Arma 2 also supports: Namespace, Group, Control, Task
- [name, value]: Array
- name: String
- value: Any_Value
- public: Boolean - Only available for Object types. If public is true then the value is broadcast to all computers.
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
_myTruck setVariable ["myVariable", 123, true];
- enableSimulation will "freeze" the unit, including animations, eye blinking, etc ; you cannot switchMove or playMove.
- the unit can still take damages and report status and enemies by radio.
- Posted on 3 November, 2009 - 19:40 (CEST)
- Works also for groups in ArmA II. A2 CIT.