Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click on the images for descriptions
- Operation Flashpoint
- Returns the side of a unit or object. Once dead, a unit will be on the civilian side. When used in conjunction with a format statement (hint format["%1",side player]), the returned strings are: "WEST", "EAST", "GUER", "CIV", "LOGIC", "ENEMY" (eg: renegades), "AMBIENT LIFE" or "UNKNOWN".
- See also:
- side (VBS)westeastresistanceciviliansideLogicsideFriendlysideEnemyside location
- In ArmA, the following objects are on side civilian: dead bodies and vehicles, empty vehicles, all mission editor placed objects (that do not have an inherit side), all objects with interactive components such as ladders and doors, man made structures such as buildings (including classless wrp placed objects), docks, high tension powerlines, see-saws, large rubbish bins, fountains. Basically if an object uses a non-simple damage or physics simulation it is likely to be on the civilian side.
- In OFP 1.96, side return value for empty vehicles will be civilian.
- In OFP v1.96, the side return value for a vehicle is based on the side of it's commander, then gunner, then driver, then cargo. It will retain it's side value until it is either empty, or a unit of another side takes over in a equal or higher role, irrespective of the side of other units still on board. This can be used to simulate friendly fire, as a vehicle can be made to appear to be an enemy even though all units on board are actually friendly.
- Units with negative score(rating) are sideEnemy.
- ArmA 2 - This command appears to not work right with Civilian and Resistance (Guerilla) side players. (as of v1.03). Tested in Editor and was unable to to get this command to work. It DID however, work for Bluefor and Opfor units. Take this into consideration as you mission edit.