Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hover & click on the images for descriptions
- Example 1:
- Posted on December 20, 2006 - 19:53
- Sleep suspends both SQF functions and SQF scripts. In functions, the calling script is still in suspension due to waiting for a return from the call command. The game engine will continue, however. See Function for more detail.
- Posted on February 12, 2007 - 20:16
- Sleep durations between .0005 and .02 will cause the same delay (roughly .02 seconds).
Delays of .0005 and less have no effect (ie, the sleep call will return immediately).
- The comment above is a little misleading. The game engine appears to work by processing frames and then checking to see whether scripts are available to execute. Sleep causes the script/function to be suspended until at least the specified time has elapsed. To wait for the next frame, or give other scripts a chance to run, use Sleep 0.001.
- Posted on July 16, 2007 - 00:13
- For scripts called by the Init Event Handler the first sleep command will suspend the script at the briefing screen at the start of a mission. The script will continue after the briefing screen, when actually "in game".