Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Converts any value into a string by placing " and " around the argument. When used on object, object debug name is returned.
Since Arma 3 v1.64 this command will correctly escape all " inside a string:// Before the fix: hint str "string "" string"; // "string " string" <- invalid string call compile str "string "" string"; // ERROR
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Posted on September 29, 2009 - 20:17 (UTC)
- When applied to a unit, this returns the variable name that was assigned to the unit in the editor. For example, if you have created a playable unit with the name 'thePlayer' then you can use 'str player' to return "thePlayer";
- Posted on December 5, 2014 - 20:21 (UTC)
- If you try to count string, the added quotations marks are valid characters and will be counted.
- Posted on July 15, 2017 - 09:59 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
- If you want to make empty string with str that doesn't have any quotation marks, but is still a String you can use text:
- Posted on February 16, 2021 - 20:59 (UTC)
- Be careful when using str on arrays and you are used to putting a whitespace behind every comma: