Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:56, 14 March 2020 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "<br/>" to "<br>")
- Applies given animation to a unit. When used on a person, the given move is started immediately (there is no transition). Use
_unit switchMove "";to reset animation. For a smooth transition use playMove.
- This command has global effect when executed locally to the unit and will sync for JIP. In this case the animation on the executing machine is immediate while on remote machines it will be transitional. In order for the animation to change immediately on every PC in multiplayer, use global remote execution (see example 2). When the argument is remote, the animation change on the executing PC is only temporary.
- person switchMove moveName
- person: Object - unit
- moveName: String - unit animation (see animationState)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
player switchMove "AmovPpneMstpSrasWrflDnon";
- Example 2:
- Sit player immediately and globally:
[player, "AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon"] remoteExec ["switchMove", 0];
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on March 25, 2007 - 23:48
- In some cases the movement won't stay. I.e. AI hostages that put their hands behind their heads (_hostage switchMove "AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon") won't hold their hands up, unless you first use disableAI "autoTarget" on them. They mostly put their hands down because they 'noticed' unknown objects.
- Posted on August 03, 2008 - 22:43
- This command will not cause an AnimChanged or AnimDone event. However, playMove will.
- Posted on November 12, 2016 - 20:11 (UTC)
When using this command on the player unit outside unscheduled UI contexts, it will cause a minor camera glitch for a single frame.
For example, Draw3D and KeyDown are UI contexts and so are not affected by the glitch, but EachFrame and scheduled scripts are not UI contexts and are affected by the glitch.
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.00
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Uncategorised
- Scripting Commands: Global Effect
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.99
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.96
- Scripting Commands OFP 1.46
- Scripting Commands ArmA
- Scripting Commands Arma 2
- Scripting Commands Arma 3
- Scripting Commands Take On Helicopters