- Immediately applies given animation to the unit. For a smooth transition from the current animation, use playMove.
This command first resets the unit's animation states (including aiming state, gesture state, etc.) then puts the unit in the first frame of the animation (therefore showing no transition). If an invalid animation is provided, the unit's animations will be reset but no new animation will be played (see Example 3).
- This command has global effect when executed locally to the unit and will sync for JIP. In this case the animation on the executing machine is immediate while on remote machines it will be transitional. In order for the animation to change immediately on every PC in multiplayer, use global remote execution (see Example 2). When the argument is remote, the animation change on the executing PC is only temporary.
- person switchMove moveName
- person: Object - unit
- moveName: String - animation state (see animationState)
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Sit player immediately and globally:
- Example 3:
- Resets unit's animation:
_unit switchMove "";
- Posted on March 25, 2007 - 23:48
- In some cases the movement won't stay. I.e. AI hostages that put their hands behind their heads (_hostage switchMove "AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon") won't hold their hands up, unless you first use disableAI "autoTarget" on them. They mostly put their hands down because they 'noticed' unknown objects.
- Posted on August 03, 2008 - 22:43
- This command will not cause an AnimChanged or AnimDone event. However, playMove will.
- Posted on November 12, 2016 - 20:11 (UTC)
When using this command on the player unit outside unscheduled UI contexts, it will cause a minor camera glitch for a single frame.
For example, Draw3D and KeyDown are UI contexts and so are not affected by the glitch, but EachFrame and scheduled scripts are not UI contexts and are affected by the glitch.
- Posted on August 8, 2021 - 15:59 (UTC)
- If the animation you're trying to use with this command has no connection/interpolation to the unit's base animation (usually "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon"), the move might not play using switchMove alone. In such cases you have to do this: unscheduled environment (see isNil)