Bug or Feature – ArmA: Armed Assault

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bug of Feature?

Introduction

At times it might not be quite clear whether certain features or behaviours are bugs, planned features, engine limitations, or just false expectations due to confusing documention.

For those cases, this list has been created.

If you come across features where one of the above criteria might apply, put it here first, and then, once it has been determined to be a true bug, it will then be moved to the official bug list.

• Hello, please read my post in the discussion: link. thanks. - mickey_pl 10:39, 6 August 2007 (CEST)
  • When i fire FFAR in to the light blue sea ,the splash fills up the windscreen, this happens from all altitudes! Image
  • Tanks engines start up again when i fire and when i switch to gunner or commander the engine keeps running. MrD 1.08

It's a new feature of 1.08, it's the same if you "eject" from all ground vehicle, engine still on :) -Paul-Hewson

General Issues

• Sometimes player(s) are unable to get out of chopper (except pilot slot) -Paul-Hewson
  • Sometimes when you take ladder you are blocked (cf. after this one), but also when you take the ladder when on the rooftop your can man run straight ahead fall from the building get injured and get back onto the ladder (you still wounded) or you die.. (happens me 2 times on Pita red building rooftop)... after few test i've identified how to reproduce the bug, it doesn't matter what ladder you want to go down, it happens on prone position and the crouch position. Temp solution is to always been in normal position when taking ladder -Paul-Hewson
  • When you climb a ladder sometimes you get blocked up or down of the ladder. Why ? After some test it appears that in 1.08 you exit the ladder with the "safe rifle" position. But this position don't exist for the handgun, this is why you got blocked. So when you are going to climb a ladder, take your rifle first. If you only have the handgun, don't climb or you'll be blocked. Easy way for BIS to fix that is to get back to old standard position when exiting ladder. Other way that need little more work is to make new anims/position for the handgun to put it in "safe position". (by safe position in mean the double tap left ctrl) -Paul-Hewson

Ladder problems are solved in the 1.08 hotfix patch, you can found it in the Armed Assault official forum. -Paul-Hewson

AI Issues

In the second mission where I have to be an AT insurgent and must destroy 5 tanks:

I fired 3 ATs. Got 2 extra from an ammo dump. Killed a man guarding the route to the 2 last tanks I have to destory. After getting his ammo I don't have my US automatic rifle in my hands. My hands look like I carry the rif;e but I don't see it. However I can should - I see a cross. Yet when I use my visor nothing shows at all and I don't know where to should. Again I can should shot, but I can see the file.

After getting an AK from a dead enemy I can see the weapon visually.

Of course the AK is'nt better for good aiming.

Cheers UKoppie (ANdre Koppers)

Audio Issues

• If you active hardware acceleration and that the vehicle/chopper/or what else mechanic is behind you, their sound is suddenly lower without any reason -Paul-Hewson

Collision Issues

Control Issues

• Unable to get off roofs. video [1.03.5116 demo] -Armaaa
  • When 2 people try getting on a chopper for the same place at the same time, one of them will remain on ground with free look locked (double tap alt doesn't disable the free look with that bug)Easy to reproduce with a LittleBird with 1 place remaining and 2 people getting inside at the same moment. That works with all ArmA vehicles -Paul-Hewson
  • When switching in a tank from driver to gunner, the low part of the tank is doing circle without moving. -Paul-Hewson

Editing & Scripting

• exit doesn't terminate an SQF script. [1.02] --Kronzky 00:17, 16 January 2007 (CET)
  • setFriend will not make anybody an enemy, even if the value is set to zero. [1.02] --Kronzky 20:57, 16 January 2007 (CET)
  • surfaceType will always return either "#GRASSSOUTH", "#GRASSGENERAL", or "#SANDGENERAL" even inside buildings or in water. --Kronzky 04:26, 31 January 2007 (CET)
  • join will not work. After the joining, the units doesn´t follow their new leader chaos 06:46, 23 March 2007 (CET)

Island & Object Issues

Mission Issues

• On the demo CTF mission the bluefor truck is respawning. Why is that the only one? video [1.03.5116 demo] -Armaaa

Multi Player Issues

• At the server browser there should be an option to filter out incompatibile server versions. [1.04.5121] -Armaaa
  • And in the browser there could be an "favorite" tag. (it could be a simple icon before the name of the server, a new column to add in the browser ;) ) -Paul-Hewson

Dedicated Server Issues

• Allow interaction to the dedicated server from localhost. [All versions] -Panzerhans

If you gave access to the admincommands through a socket on the dedicated server like the RCon protocol does in BF2, we as a community could build proper tools for governing an Armed Assault dedicated server

Performance Issues

after playing arma on lan for more than 1 hour or so the game will turn off the monitor and the sound will continue, pulled out monitor cable then plugged back in maneged to close the app when trying to run arma again machine would restart. version [1.06 - onwards]

Physics Issues

Visual Issues

• Sometimes it's too dark to look without night vision, and the night visions picture is also unusable. [1.04.5121] -Armaaa
Maybe you set your gamma/contrast settings too low? --Messiah(UA) 15:15, 21 February 2007 (CET)
No, it's happening at night. -Armaaa
  • Since the menu, the game engine has a horrible bug: the sky is twinkling pieces in black and white. when the mission is in sunset, the twinkling pieces are yellow. by the way, sometimes, suddenly, the entire screen looks a bit more dark, and backs to the normal color scheme, except the sky, obviously. (arma 1.04/win xp sp2 - abit kn9/athlon 64 x2/bfg 8800gts)
  • Visual Bug with glaze texture, when you look at a glass you can see through building ! Image -Paul-Hewson
  • Since version 1.08, the Javelin isn't well placed when in the back. Few part is in the soldier's head, that's not very annoying but that can be improve maybe ? (previously the javelin was better placed even if the "cannon" was near the ground when walking. We can see part of the javelin when looking around us. (see the "interior" of it..) Image -Paul-Hewson

Weapons

• In the Difficulty settings panel there is an option to Enable/Disable Rifle Tracers. This option is not working at all; regardless whether it's enabled or disabled all rifles (including even sniper rifles) fire tracer rounds. Please correct this issue. The new add-on sniper rifles that came with the version 1.04 do not fire tracer rounds (Russian KSVK and American M107 Beretta). The stock sniper rifles on the West and on the East side are all fit with tracers - a gross oversight from the point of view of realism which BIS is trying to portray. -SluggCDN
It's already filed as a bug. --Kronzky 23:30, 4 April 2007 (CEST)