Strangepete/Sandbox – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Something that might need clarification.)

No edit summary
Line 7: Line 7:

I'm a noob. :-)&nbsp;--&nbsp;[[User:Fred Gandt|Fred Gandt]]&nbsp;<span style="font-size:80%;vertical-align:3px;line-height:0px;">([[User talk:Fred Gandt|talk]]/[[Special:Contributions/Fred Gandt|contribs]])</span> 00:40, 3 April 2014 (CEST)
I'm a noob. :-)&nbsp;--&nbsp;[[User:Fred Gandt|Fred Gandt]]&nbsp;<span style="font-size:80%;vertical-align:3px;line-height:0px;">([[User talk:Fred Gandt|talk]]/[[Special:Contributions/Fred Gandt|contribs]])</span> 00:40, 3 April 2014 (CEST)
----
My feeling is that it would be commonly understood...but on second thought, many things in this game are not transparent nor consistent, so it wouldn't hurt to reiterate this, and it would help a couple situations imo:
*its possible a scripter could assume a common stringtable language is set by server, not client.
*a reminder to scripters to not forget and try to use the results from variables set by stringtables on each client in expressions or other comparisons. save on headache time.
ill add a little note and try to keep it short and clear (2 things im terrible at)...at the top of 'usage'? or should it get its own header just below...maybe ill go its own with the hopes that it'll leave room for some neat or clever MP stringtable script example (anybody got tricks up their sleeve?). thanks for the input --[[User:Strangepete|Strangepete]] ([[User talk:Strangepete|talk]]) 16:02, 3 April 2014 (CEST)

Revision as of 16:02, 3 April 2014

Stringtable.xml

I'm assuming that a multiplayer mission using a mod with an included stringtable will localize the language appropriately for each player?

i.e. If Player1 sets her language to German and Player2 sets his to French, then a task dialog shown to a team they are both in, formatted using the stringtables of each player, will show each player the dialog in their set language?

If this is the case, perhaps a note about it, or would that be commonly understood?

I'm a noob. :-) -- Fred Gandt (talk/contribs) 00:40, 3 April 2014 (CEST)

My feeling is that it would be commonly understood...but on second thought, many things in this game are not transparent nor consistent, so it wouldn't hurt to reiterate this, and it would help a couple situations imo:

• its possible a scripter could assume a common stringtable language is set by server, not client.
  • a reminder to scripters to not forget and try to use the results from variables set by stringtables on each client in expressions or other comparisons. save on headache time.

ill add a little note and try to keep it short and clear (2 things im terrible at)...at the top of 'usage'? or should it get its own header just below...maybe ill go its own with the hopes that it'll leave room for some neat or clever MP stringtable script example (anybody got tricks up their sleeve?). thanks for the input --Strangepete (talk) 16:02, 3 April 2014 (CEST)