Dreadedentity – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 12:28, 5 April 2022 by Lou Montana (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "dreadedentity" to "DreadedEntity")
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Error message

Does anybody know why it says my user page is not registered? How to fix it? Can't seem to find the bulk of my contributions in wiki history either

yup, it's unfortunately the wiki that is not understanding your username starting with a lowercase - dreadedentity != Dreadedentity - and it weirdly cannot have a user without first uppercase as of now :-\ - Lou Montana (talk) 11:51, 20 March 2022 (CET)

params page

The note you left on the params page actually talks about a effect of private variables https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/private Not params itself. Params just has the side effect of creating new variables as private versions.

"Params gets around this, most likely, by creating a new, unique application-level variable under the hood, despite being of the same name."

Not "most likely". We know exactly what's happening. If you access a local variable the engine walks up all scopes and tries to find a existing varible with same name.

"private" variables just disable that check and only look in the current scope, and create a new variable if it doesn't exist yet.

Consider rewording your text or just moving it to the private page. It's not really relevant to params.

Just noticed. The params command description already says "Parses input argument into array of private variables." So your note is kinda redundant information

Arma dedicated server

Is pointing to Arma 2 config, was this your intention? killzone_kid (talk) 13:35, 18 March 2022 (CET)

That page seems to be more of a generic page for any game, even though there's a link to the Arma 3-specific page. So I think I got lucky in that regard. I also added a Feature on the A3 dedicated server page that links back to the generic page with a note about it -DreadedEntity (talk) 14:19, 18 March 2022 (CET)

Join Discord

Please consider joining A3 discord if you are planning on continuing editing wiki killzone_kid (talk) 11:03, 20 March 2022 (CET)

Hi! Be sure to check changes before committing :) also, don't hesitate to join the Arma Discord Server, #community_wiki channel! - Lou Montana (talk) 18:37, 3 April 2022 (CEST)