Guidelines – Bohemia Interactive Community talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→‎Image Restrictions: more comments)
Line 20: Line 20:
I'm thinking we will need to limit the number of images Mods' can have per page to prevent a mass uploading of images. I'm thinking about a number of of 5 - 7 images limit. Assuming 1 -2 pics for logo, 4 pics max for screen shots. It isn't a problem yet, but could in the future. Thoughts? [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 17:00, 20 July 2006 (CEST)
I'm thinking we will need to limit the number of images Mods' can have per page to prevent a mass uploading of images. I'm thinking about a number of of 5 - 7 images limit. Assuming 1 -2 pics for logo, 4 pics max for screen shots. It isn't a problem yet, but could in the future. Thoughts? [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 17:00, 20 July 2006 (CEST)
::Sounds like a good number. But can that restriction be limited to just Mod pages? After all, I could imagine somebody putting up pages listing all units, with descriptions and pictures, etc. (like  [[http://www.ofp-popo.com/album/index.php this one]] for VBS1), which could be quite useful. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 17:23, 20 July 2006 (CEST)
::Sounds like a good number. But can that restriction be limited to just Mod pages? After all, I could imagine somebody putting up pages listing all units, with descriptions and pictures, etc. (like  [[http://www.ofp-popo.com/album/index.php this one]] for VBS1), which could be quite useful. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 17:23, 20 July 2006 (CEST)
:::: Yes this would apply to the user pages as well. Again these are just thoughts. Thanks for the input. [[User:Hoz|hoz]]

Revision as of 17:25, 20 July 2006

Talk Pages

Should we put a note in here (or into Getting_Started_with_BI_Community_Wiki_Editing) to let people know that the discussion pages are supposed to be for discussions about the project page, and not for discussing the technical issues related to the subject, or ask technical questions, etc.?
--Kronzky 08:44, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

Kronzky, I used your suggestion in the guidelines. Thanks
hoz 15:42, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

Wiki Sysops

There are several references in here to Wiki Sysops.
But who are they, and how do users find/identify/contact them?
--Kronzky 15:29, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

We will compile a list of sysops today. For now they can be found looking at the userlist. hoz
Browse to Special:Listusers and select the sysop group. Shinraiden 15:44, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

Image Restrictions

I'm thinking we will need to limit the number of images Mods' can have per page to prevent a mass uploading of images. I'm thinking about a number of of 5 - 7 images limit. Assuming 1 -2 pics for logo, 4 pics max for screen shots. It isn't a problem yet, but could in the future. Thoughts? hoz 17:00, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

Sounds like a good number. But can that restriction be limited to just Mod pages? After all, I could imagine somebody putting up pages listing all units, with descriptions and pictures, etc. (like [this one] for VBS1), which could be quite useful. --Kronzky 17:23, 20 July 2006 (CEST)
Yes this would apply to the user pages as well. Again these are just thoughts. Thanks for the input. hoz