FAQ – Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 16:05, 27 December 2012 by Djura (talk | contribs) (Some questions and answers to get it started)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Gameplay

Q: How do I control time acceleration
A: It is not possible to manually enter the Time Warp. [1] The Timewarp is entered when . It is possible to leave it manually or it is left automatically when enemy carriers comes close.

Q: I have lasers and rockets on my manta. How do I switch weapons?
A: The default control for switching weapons is the mouse wheel

Q: I got hit hard in a FPS mission. My shield got depleated and I am low on health. How do I heal?
A: Healing your character is not possible. Avoid being shot at for a long time. The armor your character is wearing is so .

Q: How do I transfer from one walrus to another in the Thermopilae mission?
A: You move close to the other walrus and press the Use key [2] (default F). It is mentioned in a hint; many people miss it though.

Q: I have too little resources and production is really slow. How do I change island types to remedy that.
A: On the island info screen, click the tab button on the right and select an appropriate button to initiate conversion of the island into desired type [3]. Keep in mind these conversions take a long time.

Q: How do I quickly select my units.
A: You can take advantage from the quick selection key. [4]. By default it is the key to the left from the key 1, above Tab key.

Tips and tricks

Q: When I start the game, I have to keep pressing the Esc key to skip startup splash animations. I feel silly. What can I do?
A: After you feel you need not to be reminded who made the game and what the Lt. Myrick thought about the Taurus mission, refer to the [|Startup parameters] and add the -nosplash parameter.

Q: How do I access the hidden Droid mission in the campaign?

A: Completing the mission has no consequences whatsoever for the rest of the campaign, so you need not to replay it from the beginning.

Technical issues

Q: I cannot apply a patch. The patching utility says
There may be your antivirus software blocking the process. Try [5]

Steam 1.1 is nonsteam 1.2; steam version is patched through steam [6]

FIXME: does still apply? Change language (have it here somewhere) [7]

Q: I think I found a bug. How do I report it to the developers?
[8]

I have an issue that is not covered here.
A: Ask on the BI forums in Troubleshooting section

References