Operation Flashpoint: Community Mod Pages – Category talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 20:10, 6 January 2007 by Smartti (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Please only add to the top listing of links to Mod sites if there is no BI Wiki page for the Mod.

---

Theunsung 16:30, 06 Januari 2007 (CEST)

---

So a remark, we recently made a wiki page for The Unsung Mod. Now we were on the list where mod teams were listed without wiki page. So suddenly someone removed us from the list since we had a wiki page made. But, we now are neither listed on the list of mod teams with a wiki page and not on the page of mod teams without a wiki page. Very funny... So if someone could add 'The Unsung' to the listing with MOD teams that have a wiki page it would be super, as i tried but can't seem to edit that page to add us. Very handy when peeps remove you from one list, but do not seem to add you to the other. Thanks! I am sure more mod teams have that.

There you go. The article needed special category tag. Adding it to Arma mods need the same... But you try after you write that part of article. --Smartti 19:10, 6 January 2007 (CET)

Planck 16:21, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

you might wanna think about changing the naming system a bit - currently its either the shortname or the full name. i think the site should feature both, like WarGames League (WGL) - thanks ! --WGL.Q 19:39, 12 August 2006 (CEST)

This "article" (actually just a category listing) seems to suffer from same problem as Category:Operation_Flashpoint:_Multiplayer_Squads. Making article of your mod/squad just reduces the visibility of your mod/squad, as the real article list is at bottom of page. That should not be the case, it does not encourage people to create new wiki articles. --Smartti 13:35, 22 August 2006 (CEST)

I dont see why mod teams cant both be listed in the mod list with their national flag, as well as in the wiki page list. Why should teams who take the effort to create a wiki page, be removed from one extensive list, that many may only browse, and not bother with the wiki pages, when one line of information hardly takes away from the point of the list.

Messiah 18:35, 22 August 2006 (CEST)

What about adding all mods with their own Wiki page to the list and making them bold? --Str 19:08, 22 August 2006 (CEST)
In that case all the mod pages would have to be changed, otherwise they would still show up as duplicates in the sub-category list.
How about we create an article that will be listed below this main mod page which would contain the list of all the external mod links. That way the mods that have pages on the Wiki will be listed much more prominently, there wouldn't be a duplicate entries, and there wouldn't be too much work involved in creating or updating that list. (The same solution could perhaps be used for the MP Squad page). --Kronzky 21:11, 22 August 2006 (CEST)
Ok, I think it's time to do it, because many users still creates duplicates. I prefer move of all extrenal links to their own Subcategory which will be listed separately from Mod pages (subcategories are above articles). I have no idea how to put them under Article list. --Str 12:15, 4 September 2006 (CEST)