FAQ: Campaigns: Resistance – Operation Flashpoint

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 14:26, 28 March 2007 by Ceeeb (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

General

What is OFP: Resistance?

(START OUTDATED CONTENT)

OFP: Resistance is a new expansion pack being produced by Bohemia Interactive Studios. It was first hinted at in January 2002, when Codemasters revealed in this PC Zone article that they would be publishing a new OFP expansion pack, to be released on June 28, 2002.

Towards the end of February 2002, BIS opened OFP Resistance's official WEB site. In April, Codemasters opened their own Resistance site.

Based on Codemasters' initial press release, highlights of the expansion pack include:

* A new island.
   * Industrial-style buildings and original landscape scenery.
   * High-resolution textures.
   * The new OFP: Resistance Campaign.
   * New vehicles and weapons.
   * New single-player and multiplayer missions on the new island.
   * Completely overhauled multiplayer network code.

Unlike the original 1985 Cold War Crisis Campaign and the more recent Red Hammer Campaign, where you play the US NATO and Russian sides respectively, in Resistance you'll be playing on the side of the local natives, that is, as a resistance fighter against the invading Russian forces.

On February 24 2002, Viktor Bocan, BIS' chief designer of the Resistance expansion pack, gave this exclusive interview to Tiscali Games, of the Czech Republic. However, the article didn't reveal anything we didn't know already.

Then, in late March, articles and some new pictures began appearing at various game sites: WorthPlaying, Gameport CZ and XGR. These articles allude to the fact that BIS is incorporating an in-game server browser, which might joyfully mean that you will no longer need to connect to Gamespy and other programs to find MP games.

Another improvement that OFP Resistance will bring is the ability to retain supplies, ammo, equipment and AI team mates from one campaign mission to the next.

No details have been released yet on what new weapon models will be available. It does appear, however, that OFP Resistance will introduce handguns into the game. One of the new pictures in the above-mentioned articles shows a resistance fighter in civilian clothing with a shoulder holster. There will also be bridges running across rivers and streams.

More pre-release articles about OFP Resistance can be found at:

* Action Vault
   * Home Lan
   * Doupe CZ
   * Worth Playing
   * Game Spot
   * Computer & Video Games

If you want the latest pre-release in-games screen pics of OFP Resistance, you can download these from Codemasters and view new mission and cutscene pics on BIS' Resistance picture page.

(END OUTDATED CONTENT)

Copy of the original OFP: Resistance press release.

Here is a full copy of Codemasters' February 19 2002 press release all about the Resistance expansion pack:

Expansion pack for one million best seller as Codemasters announces Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
- 19th February 2002
With over one million copies shipped of the award-winning Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Codemasters today confirms details of a dedicated expansion for the PC best seller titled Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.
Due to launch at retail on June 21st and requiring the original game to play, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is a full expansion.
Enhancing the Flashpoint universe, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance creates an additional 100km2 island complete with industrial-style buildings and original landscape scenery. Thanks to the use of high-resolution textures throughout, the visuals will be much more detailed and dramatic than ever before.
The expansion also delivers a new campaign that forms a prequel to the original game’s plot and is set years before Operation Flashpoint’s Cold War hit crisis point.
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance casts the player as Victor Troska, an experienced ex-Special Forces militia soldier. Having turned his back on his military past, Troska has settled into a respectable civilian life on the island of Nogova*, a short distance from the original game’s three islands. However, his situation changes when the Soviet force invades the island group and destroys Troska's idyllic dreams.
Reluctant at first to return to a conflict situation, he is forced to participate in, and then lead, the ramshackle Resistance effort, which grows up in response to the Soviet occupation of the island.
As Operation Flashpoint: Resistance begins before the US Army and its resources came to the islands, players have to scavenge equipment from whatever sources they can manage, which provides for different play experience to the heavily-resourced original game.
Throughout the closely linked missions, the overriding objectives include growing your resistance force by gaining new recruits and gathering equipment, preserving as many of your comrades as you can to build an army strong enough to repel the Soviets.
With new vehicles and weapons featuring, a series of original multiplayer missions on the new island, and completely overhauled network code Operation Flashpoint: Resistance is scheduled for release on June 21**, with a RRP of £19.99 (UK Sterling).
* - working title
** - in May 2002, the release date was revised to June 28. On June 25 2002, Codemasters announced that the North American release date was postponed until July 2.

Is there a demo for OFP: Resistance?

Sure. Head on over to Codemasters' Resistance site. You can download it from there.

Are there any movie trailers for OFP:Resistance?

Yes. The first trailer was released on May 14, 2002. It's not that great, but you will see the new bus, new urban settings, scenes from the new island's landscape and some action. The trailer is 12.6MB and can be downloaded from the Codemasters Resistance site.

When was OFP: Resistance being released?

(OUTDATED) OFP: Resistance was originally supposed to be released on June 21, 2002. Some time ago, Codemasters announced that the official release date was pushed off by a week, to June 28.

Now, online software retailers in North America are showing availability dates in early or mid-July. For example, Amazon.com now shows the release date as being July 11. So far, European retailers, such as Amazon.UK, are still showing the June 28 release date.

Who knows? Well, Codemasters does. On June 25, they sent out an email that stated that OFP: Resistance's European release date is still June 28 but that the North American release date has been postponed until July 2.

Say, how about Australia and the rest of the folks down under? From what I'm reading on the forums, OFP: Resistance will be made available there as of July 10. Bugger!

(OUTDATED)

What new weapons and vehicles come with OFP: Resistance?

Here's a full list for you:

Handguns:

• Beretta-92
  • Glock-17 (standard and silenced)
  • Tula Tokarev TT-33
  • Ceska Zbrojovka CZ-75
  • Samopal vz.61 Skorpion
  • M-10 submachine gun
  • Revolver

Main Weapons:

• Fabrique Nacional Fusil Automatique Legere aka FN-FAL
  • Heckler und Koch Gewehr 3 A4 aka HK G3A4
  • Silenced UZI
  • Hunting Rifle

Vehicles:

• Kamov KA-50 (V-80) Soviet helicopter
  • Skoda SM-11 transit Bus
  • Chrysler CJ5 Police Jeep
  • Jawa 354/03 Motorcycle
  • bicycle
  • small car

Installation

Do I need the original OFP CD to install OFP: Resistance?

What are the system requirements to play OFP: Resistance or the GOTY edition?

How will OFP: Resistance's installation affect my existing OFP folders and files?

Do I need to uninstall OFP version 1.5 or 1.6 MP beta folders and files before installing OFP: Resistance?

Does OFP: Resistance apply any of the earlier Ultimate Upgrade patches to my existing old OFP installation?

Does OFP: Resistance install all official addons made available in previously released upgrade patches?

Should I do a clean reinstall of old OFP before installing OFP: Resistance?

I've already installed OFP: Resistance but I want to upgrade my old OFP to version 1.46. Is it safe?

What happens if I run the old OPERATIONFLASHPOINT.EXE program file after installing OFP: Resistance?

What OFP version will the Resistance CD upgrade me to?

Can the international edition of OFP: Resistance be installed if I have the Polish version of OFP?

Is there an official list of changes and fixes introduced by OFP: Resistance?

Install error: file ijl15.dll cannot be copied from the CD!

If I've previously installed the beta version 1.91 patch, should I also install the final version 1.91 patch?

Customization

Can I play all my old OFP missions and campaigns with OFP: Resistance?

Will my old island, weapon and vehicle addons work with OFP: Resistance?

I used a soundpack addon for old OFP. Will it work in OFP: Resistance?

So, are there other soundpack addons available for OFP: Resistance?

Now that I've installed OFP: Resistance, where should I place unofficial addon files?

OFP: Resistance lets you organize your SP missions in subdirectories!

Managing your addons with -mod subdirectories.

High resolution ground textured OFP Islands.

Can more than one soundpack addon be used simultaneously?

Single Player

Which CD do I need to play OFP: Resistance?

Are there any new SP missions in OFP: Resistance?

I've seen snow capped mountains in OFP: Resistance. Does that mean there are snowy winter missions?

Now that I have Resistance, will I automatically see pistols in old missions and campaigns?

The Resistance Campaign

How many missions are there in the Resistance campaign?

Why isn't my weapons inventory carrying over to the next mission?

Please don't laugh at me - how do I get through the first mission, Invasion?

Take the Jawa 354/03 motorcycle for a spin in the Invasion mission.

Why won't the Occupation mission ever end?

The RESISTANCE.SQC file.

Are there any walkthroughs for the Resistance campaign?

Multiplayer

Danger! OFP can delete your entire disk partition.

What firewall ports does OFP: Resistance use?

My PC freezes just after selecting MULTIPLAYER from Resistance's main menu.

I don't have OFP: Resistance. Will BIS release a patch for old OFP versions to be able to play on Resistance level MP servers?

Is Voice Over Net (VON) supported with OFP: Resistance's new socket MP interface?

Can I play on 1.4x version servers with OFP: Resistance?

Changes in on-the-fly MP map download processing in OFP: Resistance.

Will the client's or the server's VISIBILITY setting be used during multiplayer games?

Can weapon inventories be carried over from one mission to the next in multiplayer, like in the Resistance campaign?

Can I use All Seeing Eye (ASE) to find and play in OFP: Resistance MP servers?

List of server URLs in HOST.TXT file does not display or displays incorrectly.

Flares I fire in Resistance MP games are not seen by other players!

Can OFP's standalone dedicated server run on Linux?

The mission list in my server.cfg file is not displaying after upgrading to OFP: Resistance version 1.85!

Is there a cooperative MP version available of the Resistance campaign?

Unstable aiming when in the tank gunner position.

Weapons

Why are pistols firing tracer bullets and how do I stop this?

Is there a hotkey to switch between my main weapon and my pistol?

Vehicles

How can I pick up the motorcycle when it's fallen down?

Editing

The ADDONS section in MISSION.SQM files must be complete.

What are the mission editor syntax names for OFP: Resistance's new weapons and magazines?

Something's wrong with soldier unit addons with OFP: Resistances new pistols!

Is there updated command reference documentation for OFP: Resistance mission making?

Does Gunslinger's Editor Update work with Resistance?

Why can't I unpack Resistance addon file O.PBO?

Troubleshooting

An error in OFP: Resistance's supplied dedicated standalone server startup file.

I'm getting an error message box that says "Out of reserved memory" and "Code change required".

Argh! The AI soldiers and I have become invisible!

When I enter a tank as the gunner, the tank starts shaking!

When I start up OFP: Resistance, my hard disk access light stays lit forever and the game never starts.

Why are music or voice sounds looping in OFP: Resistance?

Why is OFP: Resistance so slow and stuttery compared to the old OFP version?

Does OFP: Resistance resolve the problems of warping through buildings that was present in older versions?

OFP: Resistance freezes up my PC and I can only reboot.

Hey! My gun is shooting some other gun model's ammo!

Seeing a lot of flickering or flashing textures in OFP: Resistance?

I'm seeing white terrain and windshields in OFP: Resistance!

WARNING: continuing campaigns in older OFP versions after playing them in OFP: Resistance.

Vehicles and other objects are sometimes hovering above ground or partially buried below the terrain's surface.

Miscellaneous

Where is the PDF file with the map of Nogova Island?

Who is the voice actor for Resistance's lead character, Victor Troska?