Control Structures – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 15:42, 27 December 2006 by Hardrock (talk | contribs) (added comments)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tried "if" and "switch" structures. "If" examples are wrong here! They don't work, because each block '{ }' must end with ';'. Am I right?

Also I can't get "switch" to work , anyone know how to use it? These examples are not working... --Messiah(UA) 12:19, 25 December 2006 (CET)

1. yes that's true if used in SQF syntax scripts or functions. The structures are like any Statement: If used in SQF syntax scripts or functions, you have to add the semicolon ";" (except if you want to use the structure as return value of the function). Should we add the semicolons in the examples?
2. I just noticed that there doesn't seem to be a ":" after "default". Also, it could be that you must include a default block, even if empty. Could you test that, maybe?
Apart from that, what are your errors? Take care that you have to write control structures into a single line if used in SQS syntax scripts. --hardrock 15:01, 25 December 2006 (CET)
A default block isn't necessary. --TeRp 15:10, 25 December 2006 (CET)
AFAIK Control structures are intended for SQF. If so, then it would be definitely right to add semicolons in examples! Cocerning "switch", I was writing sqf and I can confirm, that default block is not necessary, I tried with and without it. And I can't write exact error right now (i'm at work), but I remember that something was wrong near "(VARIABLE) do {". I'll check it in the evening today and post here exact error. --Messiah(UA) 11:11, 26 December 2006 (CET)
Figured it out. That was my bad and switch is working right now, but anyway example is missing one semicolon. My mistake was that I wrote "default:" automatically and I didn't notice, that "default" is right! So 100% working code is --Messiah(UA) 20:32, 26 December 2006 (CET)
     switch (VARIABLE) do
     {
        case VALUE:
        {
        };
        {
        };
     };
Rgr. Thanks for the info, I will add semicolons to the examples for clearer understanding. --hardrock 14:42, 27 December 2006 (CET)

step command should be added to list --T_D 15:41, 25 December 2006 (CET)

Rgr. Thanks for the hint. --hardrock 14:42, 27 December 2006 (CET)