DSSignFile – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
No edit summary

(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 19: Line 19:
Its not the file size. Any other requirements the PBO has to meet? DSSignFile didn't show an error message or so.
Its not the file size. Any other requirements the PBO has to meet? DSSignFile didn't show an error message or so.
--[[User:WGL.Q|PROPER Q]] 00:46, 12 January 2008 (CET)
--[[User:WGL.Q|PROPER Q]] 00:46, 12 January 2008 (CET)
: Maybe it has to be packed with the correct tools? It could be that some tools do something "wrong"... --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 10:50, 12 January 2008 (CET)
:: That was it. Those pbos were generated with OFP tools most likely. A repack with cpbo and it works! Excellent idea raedor :) --[[User:WGL.Q|PROPER Q]] 11:00, 12 January 2008 (CET)
The only pre-requisite I have found is that the pbo's header is well formed. I'd say that the one's you are having trouble with were created with a previous community tool. And, when created the author probably forgot to place a $PBOPREFIX$ file in the folder with the appropriate text inside.
So, either re-pbo the extracted version with a community tool and include an appropriate $PBOPREFIX$ file OR re-pbo with BIS's BinPBO tool... -- [[User:Sy|Sy]] 02:28, 14 January 2008 (CET)

Latest revision as of 03:28, 14 January 2008

How do we go about applying for a 'Private Key' file for when the DSSignFile utility is released? I have written to Paul Stratham (he's Placebo is he not? - 'and has left the building') as per the Contacts page. --Sy 06:15, 12 June 2007 (CEST)

You will just generate a new private key. It'll start out as being untrusted until people add your public key to their key directories. --Salisan 13:20, 12 June 2007 (CEST)

Ah, yes well now that I think about it that is entirely logical, lol. --Sy 16:16, 12 June 2007 (CEST)

I cannot sign most NWD addons. I don't get the problem why it does not work here. Many other pbos work fine. Any ideas guys? Does it work for you?

These do NOT work for example

• nwd_4xbinoculars.pbo
  • nwd_8xgtldii.pbo
  • nwd_scopefix.pbo (20MB)

That the only one the works here:

• nwd_ak74_pso1.pbo

Its not the file size. Any other requirements the PBO has to meet? DSSignFile didn't show an error message or so. --PROPER Q 00:46, 12 January 2008 (CET)

Maybe it has to be packed with the correct tools? It could be that some tools do something "wrong"... --raedor 10:50, 12 January 2008 (CET)
That was it. Those pbos were generated with OFP tools most likely. A repack with cpbo and it works! Excellent idea raedor :) --PROPER Q 11:00, 12 January 2008 (CET)

The only pre-requisite I have found is that the pbo's header is well formed. I'd say that the one's you are having trouble with were created with a previous community tool. And, when created the author probably forgot to place a $PBOPREFIX$ file in the folder with the appropriate text inside. So, either re-pbo the extracted version with a community tool and include an appropriate $PBOPREFIX$ file OR re-pbo with BIS's BinPBO tool... -- Sy 02:28, 14 January 2008 (CET)