Error Zero Divisor – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 17:19, 4 July 2006 by Bedges (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Do you think we should make more pages about errors? For example "Generic errors", "given type x expected type y or z"?

Also config and description.ext error messages (Preprocessor failed; encounterd x instead of y)?

What do you think?

--Raedor 12:07, 4 June 2006 (CEST)

I do think we should include the error descriptions as well.

hoz 17:58, 4 June 2006 (CEST)

Okay, but where to link it?

--Raedor 00:25, 5 June 2006 (CEST)

I would make the page and link it to Troubleshooting, seems like the best place to me.

Planck 11:30, 5 June 2006 (CEST)

Yep, that sounds good.

--Raedor 14:44, 5 June 2006 (CEST)

I also think it should be linked into scripting somehow, since most of these errors occur during scripting.

hoz 15:29, 5 June 2006 (CEST)

I agree with that as well. A page or category devoted to errors is a good idea. All error messages tht show up in white lettering across the top of the screen in game are scripting related.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that error zero divisors occur with greater-than-zero out of bounds array accesses - only when the index supplied rounds to less than zero. So

[1] select -1 would cause the error, but not [1] select 1.

--Fragorl

A few of the other errors:

Generic Error in Expression ( providing operators with incorrect operand types )

Invalid number in expression ( incomplete / malformed expression )

Type ... Expected Nothing ( incomplete statement / expression only )

Error Unknown Operator '..' ( OFP has attempted to parse an expression, but cannot find the operator specified. Generally happens when new scripting commands are run under old versions, or when an uninitialised variable is converted to a string. Example: call format ["a = %1", b] runs 'a = scalar bool array ...'. OFP interpretes 'scalar' as an uninitialised variable, then 'bool' as an operator)

--Fragorl 15:45, 10 June 2006 (GMT+12)

I added a category for scripting topics. The description for the error zero divisor I copied form a chat with Mikero it may not be correct at all but it sounded good at 3am.

hoz 17:23, 10 June 2006 (CEST)

No problem, in fact that's what I thought it was until I experimented.

--Fragorl 11:58, 11 June 2006 (GMT+12)

I altered the text a bit guys.

Look at it and see if it makes sense, if not we can always revert. :P

Planck 03:42, 11 June 2006 (CEST)