Island Anims - Care and feeding – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 15:08, 17 July 2006 by Mikero (talk | contribs) (relative path to cutscene)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The problem - what problem?

One wrinkle remains however with Island Anims. They cannot be inside a pbo. Neither their own, nor any other. This then prevents relative references being made to them. They must be hard wired to a known folder.

I think this is not true. I see no reason for this. Opening Island Anim files is done the same way as any other file in OFP and it really should use pbo as appropriate.

--Suma 09:32, 17 July 2006 (CEST)

relative path to cutscene

haven't looked at this issue for some time now, but certainly intend to with ArmA

cutscenes[]={"..\ADDONS\doe1_anim\intro"};

the ..\

is the problem. It pulls pack to the root directory from (I dont' know where) and as such a hardwired folder is required. (you cant use an \addon(.pbo), nor, for that matter ..\addon(.pbo)

it can't find the addon(.pbo) as such.

--ook? 15:08, 17 July 2006 (CEST)

if wrong, i'm wrong, but i am not aware of ANY user created island that has successfully attached an anim other than a hardwired folder (conventionally \Addons\anim\blah)

Mods (as opposed to addons) get round this by having their own \<Mods>\ directory, but they too, must hardwire the anim into (by convention) \<Mods\Addons\blah