Main Page – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
m (removed outdated information)
Tag: Blanking

(40 intermediate revisions by 21 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
<center><font color="red">This talk page is for disussion of the layout of the [[Main Page]]. If you have an idea or a template to contribute to improve the look of the Main Page then please discuss it here. Direct all other discussion to thier appropriate topic. </font> </center>

The talk archive can be found [http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Talk:Main_Page&action=history here]
=Discussion=
I would suggest to remove the 'Addons' item from the 'Editing BI Games' group, as the target article isn't about ''creating'' addons, but about ''using'' them (and that already has a nice, appropriate link in the [[:Category:Operation_Flashpoint | OFP article]] --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 20:32, 20 July 2006 (CEST)
:I agree the Addons pages are a mess, they are very popular though [[Special:Popularpages]]. [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 18:11, 28 July 2006 (CEST)
::Perhaps we should move the link to the "Getting Help With BI Games" section (where it would fit in nicely with "Troubleshooting" & "Walkthroughs"). Since the target page is about the ''use'' of addons anyway, and since I somehow suspect that people are probably looking for info on how to use or find them, rather than how to ''make'' them, that might be a better place. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 19:15, 28 July 2006 (CEST)
== Virtual Tool Kit (VTK) ==
Are you going to add a VTK section?
: I'm not sure what VTK is? Link? Don't forget to sign your posts [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 16:40, 7 September 2006 (CEST)
: Virtual Tool Kit [http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/press_usmc_vtk.htm] is the expansion to VBS2 that BIA is developing for the USMC. [[User:Dinger|Dinger]] 17:02, 7 September 2006 (CEST)
:: Thanks for that Dinger, there isn't even a VTK page yet. So putting it on the main page is out of the question until there is some article with some substance. By all means go ahead and create a stub article and expand on it. [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 18:08, 7 September 2006 (CEST)
::: Page built: [[Virtual Tool Kit]] - [[User:Snypir|snYpir]] (Lead Developer VBS2) 23:26, 7 September 2006 (CEST)
== Wiki Reorganization ==
Ok. I did the first part of reorganization and wanted to discuss here what to do next.
The current organization structure of the Editing parts looks like the following:
[[Image: Current_Wiki_Structure.png]]
Should we move the Mission Editing, Addon Editing and Terrain Editing sections together and only mark special articles with "ArmA:" or "OFP:" ? In the category Scripting Topics it is already this way, and I think it's quite fine.
[[Image: Future_Wiki_Structure_1.png]]
I think we could save a lot of organization work and double articles this way.
What do you think? Ok? Other suggestions? Leave it as is? --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 02:47, 23 December 2006 (CET)
I like the idea. --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 20:55, 23 December 2006 (CET)

Latest revision as of 17:34, 7 February 2021