Multiplayer Tips – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
(This really should be updated. It could be a very good page.)

(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
@markers:
This really should be updated. It could be a very good page.

I'm not sure here but: Double-click on the map, then you should have a marker there afair. As long as you have the field to type in the name you can change the colour of the marker by using the mouse wheel and the type by using the wheel + shift (or ctrl?)... or vice-versa.
== Multiplayer Startup ==

--[[User:Raedor|Raedor]] 20:09, 27 June 2006 (CEST)
[[User:UNN|UNN]] There are two stages to Multiplayer startup. The first stage where all Init events and Init.sqs are executed, up to the point they encounter either a ~ or Exec command. Form a players point of view, this is the screen where they wait for everybody to green up.

I'm not sure either. I left it kind of blank, and there wasn't a good forum explantion. This page needs lots of help, edit away. :) I just formated the meat of the topic in the MP forums.
The second stage is executed once the admin starts the game for real.

[[User:Hoz|hoz]] 20:15, 27 June 2006 (CEST)
The reason I mention it is, certain commands will only work during the second stage. So having a link to a page, that explains the process would be handy for updating the script command references, for Multiplay behaviour.

"Question

I hear some custom sounds, like a dirty laughter... is that implemented in the game or in the downloaded mission?"

It is possible to use custom sounds (like custom faces). I don't know why... ;)

--[[User:Raedor|Raedor]] 21:01, 27 June 2006 (CEST)

To set a marker you do the following: Double-click the map, a target marker will appear with a box to write text on its right side. You can do three things now in any order: Select the marker type (using Ctrl and Arrow Up/Arrow Down), select the marker color (using Shift and Arrow Up/Arrow Down) and type the text (keyboard). By pressing Enter the marker will be placed.

You can also delete the marker by clicking on it once and pressing Delete.

Every placed marker will be given a name: "_USER_DEFINED #0/%index%"

where %index% is the index number of the marker. These indices are counted incrementally, but don't always start with 0 for the first placed marker in the mission (depending on how many markers have been placed in the briefing).

This doesn't fit here anyway, since it's about scripting.

--[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 01:05, 28 June 2006 (CEST)

I think the discussion point on the markers was about being able to create markers during the briefing screen in MP. Thanks for everyones corrections, additions its always nice to see an article come together.

[[User:Hoz|hoz]] 02:05, 28 June 2006 (CEST)

Latest revision as of 20:32, 17 January 2012

This really should be updated. It could be a very good page.

Multiplayer Startup

UNN There are two stages to Multiplayer startup. The first stage where all Init events and Init.sqs are executed, up to the point they encounter either a ~ or Exec command. Form a players point of view, this is the screen where they wait for everybody to green up.

The second stage is executed once the admin starts the game for real.

The reason I mention it is, certain commands will only work during the second stage. So having a link to a page, that explains the process would be handy for updating the script command references, for Multiplay behaviour.