createUnit – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 11:42, 30 August 2016 by Killzone Kid (talk | contribs) (→‎moved from createUnit_array: new section)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

What's the difference to createUnit_group? --raedor 22:29, 12 August 2006 (CEST)

yeah I asked that too. Similar with createVehicle commands. --T_D 00:31, 13 August 2006 (CEST)
Fixed. --raedor 14:44, 13 August 2006 (CEST)

It appears that a Parameter 6 is not being displayed (in this case, the "rank"). should the unit array be combined into one parameter and described in further detail in the "additional information" section?

It should be OK now - I added 6th parameter to command template. And don't forget to sign next time ;) ++Str 12:00, 2 February 2007 (CET)
Haha you beat me to it. I was about to do it myself. and about the sign thing....I have a bad habit of forgetting that. I wish it would just put it in the box automatically....--Pyro05x 12:05, 2 February 2007 (CET)

Another command that was fubared by the template....there are plenty more, if you check back to when it was first put in you will see that all info was there and was subsequently 'lost'.....all fixed now.

Planck 13:30, 28 February 2007 (CET)

moved from createUnit_array

Why is the unitInfo array not explained? --T_D 00:24, 7 August 2006 (CEST)

I have yet to go through the 'c' commands and the first list =? etc. I hope to tomorrow. If you find any commands missing the template then add {{errors}} and I will add the template. A few bugs to iron out yet. thanks for fixing any errors. ~~~~

I'm a little bit confused. what's the difference between createUnit and createUnit group? Similar problem I have with createVehicle and createVehicle array. --hoz 06:28, 28 February 2007 (CET) T_D

Main difference between these command is that one is original OFP and the other was introduced by ArmA and has different syntax.
Planck 13:41, 28 February 2007 (CET)

Seems that the formation does not work, strange. --T_D

What does 'Return Value: Paramater 4' mean?

If it means the listed Parameter 4 from the above list then it is wrong according to BI own comref source.

In BIs list Returned value is stated as Object not Array

(Never mind about the above I fixed it, there was a missing '=' in the Parameter 4 definition.)

And quite why we need to have things tagged onto the syntax example is completely beyond me:

Object= group createUnit ["type", position, markers, placement, "special"]

What the heck was wrong with:

group createUnit ["type", position, markers, placement, "special"]

Planck 13:18, 25 August 2007 (CEST)