land – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary

No edit summary
Line 1: Line 1:
Anyone knows how to make chopper land using "GET OUT" and stay in that position until some condition? I've tried default waypoint conditions and also waypoint and trigger synchronization, but nothing is working for me :( --[[User:Messiah2|MessiahUA]] 01:21, 1 April 2008 (CEST)
Anyone knows how to make chopper land using "GET OUT" and stay in that position until some condition? I've tried default waypoint conditions and also waypoint and trigger synchronization, but nothing is working for me :( --[[User:Messiah2|MessiahUA]] 01:21, 1 April 2008 (CEST)
:I couldn't find any way using waypoints, either. What seems to work for me is to set a move waypoint near your landing site, and use the on activation to "vehicle this land 'GET IN'". If this is the last waypoint for the helo, it will land at the site and remain there -- with the engine on -- until you tell it otherwise. Then you can get other troops to board by assigning them as cargo, and giving them a get in waypoint nearby. You would then need to trigger the helo to leave. A bit cumbersome, but does get around the weird bugs the helo has when loading mixed human and AI groups. --[[User:Nomdeplume|nomdeplume]] 15:55, 16 November 2009 (CET)
The note that says to use GETIN and GETOUT for Arma 2 appears to be incorrect, or outdated. Specifying either term causes the helo to land and shut down its engines. If you have the space ("GET IN", "GET OUT") then it touches down but keeps the engine running. --[[User:Nomdeplume|nomdeplume]] 15:55, 16 November 2009 (CET)

Revision as of 16:55, 16 November 2009

Anyone knows how to make chopper land using "GET OUT" and stay in that position until some condition? I've tried default waypoint conditions and also waypoint and trigger synchronization, but nothing is working for me :( --MessiahUA 01:21, 1 April 2008 (CEST)

I couldn't find any way using waypoints, either. What seems to work for me is to set a move waypoint near your landing site, and use the on activation to "vehicle this land 'GET IN'". If this is the last waypoint for the helo, it will land at the site and remain there -- with the engine on -- until you tell it otherwise. Then you can get other troops to board by assigning them as cargo, and giving them a get in waypoint nearby. You would then need to trigger the helo to leave. A bit cumbersome, but does get around the weird bugs the helo has when loading mixed human and AI groups. --nomdeplume 15:55, 16 November 2009 (CET)

The note that says to use GETIN and GETOUT for Arma 2 appears to be incorrect, or outdated. Specifying either term causes the helo to land and shut down its engines. If you have the space ("GET IN", "GET OUT") then it touches down but keeps the engine running. --nomdeplume 15:55, 16 November 2009 (CET)