land – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 07:09, 28 June 2010 by NomDePlume (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Anyone knows how to make chopper land using "GET OUT" and stay in that position until some condition? I've tried default waypoint conditions and also waypoint and trigger synchronization, but nothing is working for me :( --MessiahUA 01:21, 1 April 2008 (CEST)

I couldn't find any way using waypoints, either. What seems to work for me is to set a move waypoint near your landing site, and use the on activation to "vehicle this land 'GET IN'". If this is the last waypoint for the helo, it will land at the site and remain there -- with the engine on -- until you tell it otherwise. Then you can get other troops to board by assigning them as cargo, and giving them a get in waypoint nearby. You would then need to trigger the helo to leave. A bit cumbersome, but does get around the weird bugs the helo has when loading mixed human and AI groups. --nomdeplume 15:55, 16 November 2009 (CET)

The note that says to use GETIN and GETOUT for Arma 2 appears to be incorrect, or outdated. Specifying either term causes the helo to land and shut down its engines. If you have the space ("GET IN", "GET OUT") then it touches down but keeps the engine running. --nomdeplume 15:55, 16 November 2009 (CET)

I removed this note, I was able to verify this. XPaveway 07:24, 10 January 2010 (CET)

Why does is seem like this command doesn't work? I'm trying to get one to land with the engines on for a certain period but it just hovers away about 100 meters...

Works fine for me... it needs to be applied to the vehicle rather than the driver/pilot of it, so if you have the commands in a waypoint for example, you should use (vehicle this) LAND "GET IN" or similar. --nomdeplume 07:09, 28 June 2010 (CEST)