Pyro05x/airfield control – User

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 24: Line 24:

====known bugs====
====known bugs====
* <s>join in progress issue with the lights inside the hangar.</s> ''Fixed: beta 90''
{{Important_bug|High Priority: game locks up (or locks the computer up completely) when outro begins.}}
* the oil pumps spin once and freeze the duration of the game.  no known fix or work-around.
** the specific cause of this is unknown.
* Low Priority: the oil pumps spin once and freeze the duration of the game.  no known fix or work-around.

====testing====
====testing====
* switching "move" and "hold" waypoints
* switching "move" and "hold" waypoints
* hangar with the light switches is killed, the lights could remain on.
* class-specific equipment on spawn
* class-specific equipment on spawn
::so far, so good.

====features to add====
====features to add====
Line 39: Line 40:

====tweaks====
====tweaks====
* weapons crates
* weapons crate contents

===scheduled for v1.1===
===scheduled for v1.1===

Revision as of 02:38, 22 February 2007

http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-sa/2.5/88x31.png
All work shown here is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License unless otherwise indicated.

This is my most valuable piece of work. I'm polishing this off for the 505 release 1.05 patch this month. Due to the lack of players, this mission is just too big for early release. My editor is configured to use 4-character tab stops. (I don't feel like reformatting it to look correctly on here.)

to do

to do before v1.0 final release

known bugs

Template:Important bug

• the specific cause of this is unknown.
  • Low Priority: the oil pumps spin once and freeze the duration of the game. no known fix or work-around.

testing

• switching "move" and "hold" waypoints
  • class-specific equipment on spawn
so far, so good.

features to add

• better object choice for runway lights.
    • maybe use the particle drop command to do this?
  • begin work on the progress bar HUD element. (v1.1 features may be here sooner than planned)
    • make the box with 25 progress stages.

tweaks

• weapons crate contents

scheduled for v1.1

• more buildings and objects
    • sandbags near the landing sites
    • repair stations
    • a power station and power lines
      • destruction of power station results in a low-power state for the runway and hangar lights.
        • add generators. start them when power station gets blown up. if the generators go down, creepy darkness.
    • other industrial buildings
    • maybe another hotel
  • find a way to beautifully display capture progress in a way that does not interfere with game play. (oooo shiny!)
  • rescale the point system
point gain possibly 5 per 10 seconds. both flags are visible when the game starts. when a team gains points the flag will slowly rise from the ground. game ends when the flag hits the top (a score limit set by server (300-2000 range)) or the time limit is reached. the team with the highest flag wins.
  • movement actions and better model choice for the light switches in the hangar
  • put xxxxxx xxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx in the xxx xxxxxx.
  • a paradropping system
    • wait 30 seconds after selecting your drop location

ideas for a v1.2 release

• buildings/environment - complete overhaul
    • a power station and power lines
    • other industrial buildings
    • a well-defined line between residential and industrial areas
    • well-designed residential districts (upper and lower classes)
    • maybe some houses here and there
    • apartment buildings
    • farms?

unlikely ideas

• JointOps-style PSPs: scattered spawn points that can be captured...this will have to include giving players the ability to choose their spawn points.
The scope of this idea strays from my original dream of a massive, centralized, battle at nightfall. It would have to be in a separate edition of the mission.

features and scripts

counter-measures for choppers

with audible alarm and visual representation of flares with a flickering effect. Template:Box File

Template:Box File

king of the hill

I don't plan on modifying this one any more. Right now, it appears to be a solid script.

lighting up the runway

The Island of Antigua has a dirt runway on it. I decided to light it up because it looks cool and the mission is at night.

awarding points to a player

The file's header explains it quite clearly...

flag capture progress

The progress is shown in a textual form for now. A dialog box is scheduled for v1.1. I'm still trying to figure out how to create dialogs that do not interfere with game play. Currently, you can't move while a dialog is open.
Starting over on this...