AgentRevolution – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 23:34, 11 October 2014 by AgentRev (talk | contribs) (Reply to KK)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Are you sure about locality of disableCollisionWith? Because it doesnt make sense for the effect to be local --KK

EDIT: corrected it.

My conclusion came from these observations: if an MH9 collides into a supply drop parachute and both are local, the MH9 gets damaged and crashes. If I call "para disableCollisionWith mh9", the MH9 can freely pass through it. Now, if the MH9 is client-side and the parachute is server-side, and I call "para disableCollisionWith mh9" on the server, it has no effect on the client and the MH9 gets damaged. However, if the same command is called on both the client and server, then the MH9 can freely pass through it. I guess it would be more something like this: if both arguments are local, then the effect is global, but if one of the arguments is remote, then the effect is local.
In essence, the effect on the physics engine is only local, but what's being perceived globally is the result of the collision taking place or not. --AgentRev 23:34, 11 October 2014 (CEST)