Ceeeb – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

FAQ

Thanks for picking up on the OFP:FAQ!

I definitely needed some help with that!

--Kronzky 21:44, 28 March 2007 (CEST)

No worries, although I have noticed a lot of outdated FAQ answers. It will be a lot of work to bring it up to speed, but for now I will focus on getting the articles into wiki asap.
--Ceeeb 21:05, 30 March 2007 (CEST)

Ceeeb,

The only muzzles that are configured anywhere in ArmA are as follows:

M16Muzzle, M4Muzzle, M203Muzzle

AK74Muzzle, GP25Muzzle

HandGrenadeMuzzle, HandGrenadeTimedMuzzle

SmokeShellMuzzle, SmokeShellRedMuzzle, SmokeShellGreenMuzzle

ThrowMuzzle, PutMuzzle

TimeBombMuzzle, PipeBombMuzzle, MineMuzzle, MineEMuzzle

Those are all the muzzles configured anywhere in the game.

Planck 00:09, 13 April 2007 (CEST)

Try using selectWeapon "M16A4_GL" or "Put". Neither of these weapon names has any effect at all. I noticed the lack of muzzles defined for normal weapons, but since the "fired" EV still returns a muzzle, I asssumed single muzzled weapons inherit the name of the weapon without needing any config. Whether or not that's true is an internal game engine issue, I can only guess. We might need to ask. None the less, selectWeapon does absolutely nothing when given some weapon names, but always works when given a muzzle name!

Generic chatter

In response to a recent change to setVehicleAmmo [1]. Your English teh bestest! ;-) -- SCNR, Manny 03:05, 29 April 2007 (CEST)

Dialogs

How about we joined effort on Dialogs? :) -- Manny 12:36, 2 May 2007 (CEST)

User:Manny/Dialogs (Work in progress), feel free to contribute, if you want to :) -- Manny 16:23, 6 May 2007 (CEST)
Oh, by the way. You don't necessarily have to provide uber-geekish, tech-nerdish insight :) You could just pep up existing, not-so-much-tech text, because I suck at writing those. Or perhaps provide some screenshots to things, that might.. well... require screenshots. For instance, I've already put up two shots, but I'm afraid these don't clearly show what's what because they're a little bit too small. Hence, you might want to go and replace those screenshots.
Furthermore, I'm always happy if someone just reads it and checks grammar, spelling, etc. I'm not a native English speaker, so I could easily write some weird or plainly wrong sentences without even noticing.
Thanks in advance, -- Manny 15:34, 7 May 2007 (CEST)